VINTAGE BICYCLE PHOTOS

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
snorrevonflake said:
bikini-girl-on-bike-leroy-grannos-photo.jpg

I am surprised more people aren't talking about this photo. 8) This girl is beautiful. :shock: Why are none of the men/boys in this photo looking at her? :? How come none of the guys here have mentioned it? :? Do you only care about bikes? :roll:

yeah. me too :oops: :lol: :lol:

what theres a bike in that pic :lol:

All that I know is the Elgin was my Uncle's bike and he rode it about 20-30 miles a day when he was healthy. He passed away close to 15 years ago but my other uncle that was never married lived in the house until 3 years ago when he passed away. When he passed, the house was left to my mom and dad who in turn gave my wife and I the house. The bike was in the basement and I loved it since I was about 5 years old. I started fixing it and restoring it but got laid off and unfortunately had to sell it. I regret it to this day but it was either get behind on bills and have an awesome bicycle or get rid of the bike and get my life in order I recently went through a big box of pictures and found these 2. Im going to keep looking through them to see if I can find anymore of the bike or any old bikes for that matter. Glad you guys liked the pictures.

jaysix said:
All that I know is the Elgin was my Uncle's bike and he rode it about 20-30 miles a day when he was healthy. He passed away close to 15 years ago but my other uncle that was never married lived in the house until 3 years ago when he passed away. When he passed, the house was left to my mom and dad who in turn gave my wife and I the house. The bike was in the basement and I loved it since I was about 5 years old. I started fixing it and restoring it but got laid off and unfortunately had to sell it. I regret it to this day but it was either get behind on bills and have an awesome bicycle or get rid of the bike and get my life in order I recently went through a big box of pictures and found these 2. Im going to keep looking through them to see if I can find anymore of the bike or any old bikes for that matter. Glad you guys liked the pictures.

Must of been REAL hard to sell it!

But you have actually owned one of, If not the coolest bikes ever!

and have some great memories and real cool photos, Lots of us can only dream :wink:

jaysix said:
Found another one...not the greatest of pictures though.

bike.jpg

I think it is so cool that even "Bad Snap Shots" Get cooler with age

Thanks for sharing the story and photos

Hello Rat Rodders, I have enjoyed this thread tremendously. I hope you have seen http://www.johnnypayphone.net/tallbikes/, my vintage tallbike pictures page.

skoda said:

No credit.. ouch!

The back of the first picture reads "A Jaunt on Choppers, 1918"
The second picture says only "Barnabas Newfeld the tinker"

They are from the archives of the early Rat Patrol, which at that time was known as "Adolf's Rat Brigade" until the onset of WWII when it was hastily changed.

You can find more Rat Patrol vintage pictures here:
http://www.myspace.com/ratpatrolbik...074#mssrc=SitesPhotos_SP_AlbumCover_ViewAlbum

or here:

http://www.rat-patrol.org/Archives/History.html

voodoo curse said:
Hey Rat Rod,

I don't care what other pics are in the previous 19 pages, or even the ones to follow.

That one wins hands down.
If it involves a GUN, of course it "wins"

The frame on this bike is from 1965 and is pretty beat up. I made the bike from various Ebay parts.

StingrayCu65-side.jpg

StingrayCu65-front.jpg

I tried using the wheel on the left first because I had trouble finding a tire to fit the wheel on the bike. It was too small to use the brake caliper without modifications. At one bike store they had a small tire which fit it and I put it on the bike as seen in the picture below. The fork on the bike was originally black and I spray painted it with some "burnt copper" spray paint I found at Advance Auto. The back wheel has a 3 speed Sturmey Archer hub and I haven't put a shifter and cable on it yet, but am planning to soon.
StingrayCu65-2wheels.jpg

StingrayCu65-close2.jpg

Latest posts

Back