Need your valued opinions with tire choice.....

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got this repro/tribute Western Flyer......tires need to be changed out. Unable to get my first few choices.......
Which one of these please? Also, diamond pattern or brick pattern?

Attachments

• clay.jpg
    clay.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 120
  • cream.jpg
    cream.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 101
  • clay2.jpg
    clay2.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 115
  • cream2.jpg
    cream2.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 105
  • f1.jpg
    f1.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 80
While I love diamond, I think brick would suit that bike better.

As for the color both are good choices, cream will make your ride look more "classy", clay will make it look more "vintage".

Clay is a little rarer, so it maybe slightly more unique, if that's a factor for you.

While I love diamond, I think brick would suit that bike better.

As for the color both are good choices, cream will make your ride look more "classy", clay will make it look more "vintage".

Clay is a little rarer, so it maybe slightly more unique, if that's a factor for you.
Thanks Verrt.

Just a year or so ago you could get really good deals on all these tires, and there were plenty of them. They are getting tougher to get at a decent price now. With that in mind, if you find a pair for a good price, get a set in each color or pattern, or both. You never know when they will be available. That's what I tell the wife.
I've had all 4 kinds, I like the cream or clay with brick tread, much faster and easier on a longer ride. I caught up to a road bike on the bike path with my old ballooner Schwinn one speed. He thought I was crazy pedaling that fast and said he was doing 20. So I must have been going at least 22 to catch him. I had my black brick Typhoon Cord tires at about 50psi and I rolled for a half mile after letting off.
Schwinn 53 2.jpg

Here's a few examples. The cream colored look dirty after a couple rides and need cleaned up more often.
Hawthorne BMX.jpg

85329_4fbf7e1252951c7254b9d6fc52d86bd1.jpg

erd63c.jpg

ravine 1.jpg

42548_dfcaa5fa48622a6c63bac75fee4bd386 - Copy.jpg

Any way you go will look good on that bike.

Clay diamond, subtle vintage look, quiet and ride over bumps like a cadillac as you can only pump them to 40psi. Brick pattern roll a little better but i think look less cool.

Latest posts

Back