CWC ROADMASTER SEAT POST

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JA331

Ride it like you stole it.
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to know if it is possible to remove the shim inside the seat tube of a cwc frame and fit a wider seat post. I believe the cwc post is 5/8" diameter solid bar. Anyone done it before?

I have seen a couple of old heavyweights over the years that had 5/8" posts in 13/16" holes with removable shims, but I don't recall what make. The 5/8" post frames I have are both welded in, but 1 is Snyder and the other unknown make.

I have seen a couple of old heavyweights over the years that had 5/8" posts in 13/16" holes with removable shims, but I don't recall what make. The 5/8" post frames I have are both welded in, but 1 is Snyder and the other unknown make.
Thanks for the reply. Is there a reason for the shim?

I don't really know. Maybe the seat stays and top tube being welded there on plain mild steel tubing were or were thought to be a weak spot that might bend from weight, or crushed from overtightening the clamp, or maybe those joints intruded to the inside of the seat tube. I'd be interested to see if someone else has an answer, since I'm only guessing.

I don't really know. Maybe the seat stays and top tube being welded there on plain mild steel tubing were or were thought to be a weak spot that might bend from weight, or crushed from overtightening the clamp, or maybe those joints intruded to the inside of the seat tube. I'd be interested to see if someone else has an answer, since I'm only guessing.
Sounds like the most logical reason. Thanks

Latest posts

Back