ALiEN FiRE REWiND

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a roller. Still need to sort a couple things out. I need a couple of nice pieces of steel for the second set of chain stays to replace the dropouts. Something I can put some speed holes in. And... the two speed kickback hub isn't shifting. So I'll be blowing it apart. But it handled good, felt right, the triple trees had no issues, didn't try to steer away from me. So I got that right. Brackets, paint and battery box are on deck.
IMG_20201106_130815011.jpg
IMG_20201106_130901687.jpg

GC.

I've also been modding this limited edition Squier Cabronita Tele. Stacked pots and mint pearl pickguard. Dual controls allow me to dial in a sound on each pickup and be able switch between the two. Pickguard is just cool.
IMG_20201106_203424.jpg

This one is mine too.
Guitarl.

ALiENated...
Dragged this out of the boneyard because two months is a long time...
IMG_20201108_112249938.jpg

Likely candidate for the BMXBO...
Also have a Dec. 5th ride with the Chicago Taildraggers coming up. Which one will be ready???

GC.

IMG_20201109_181318869.jpg
IMG_20201109_181311887.jpg
IMG_20201109_181346934.jpg

Still needs a bit more grinding on the welds but it looks the way I pictured it in my head. I now have kickstand issues so that's a thing as well as the kickback hub not shifting. I'm also chasing fisheyes on my seat so no pics yet. Trust me it's ALiEN.

GC.

Anybody recognize that old bathroom rug?
It's made an appearance at a previous MBBO.

Merle.

Last edited:
How about using the top bb to mount a small chainring to it and reroute the chain through there? It will work as an idler at the same time and the chain will run around three points and will look super cool. The chain would need to be extended, of course.
And I don't need the idler anymore...
Muscle should also mean performance. Less chain contact on the overall drive is less efficiency, not to mention the gear spinning next to my boys... So no. Just no.

GC.

IMG_20201110_154922.jpg
IMG_20201110_161719.jpg

Why this doesn't look cool on here is beyond me. Funky seat frame which I like the look of, + funky green shag which is too weird = lame attempt at ALiEN.
So I went back to my original plan to paint it green. I didn't want neon but this green color missed the cap shade by a mile... Still it's better than fuzz.

GC.

View attachment 143817View attachment 143818
Why this doesn't look cool on here is beyond me. Funky seat frame which I like the look of, + funky green shag which is too weird = lame attempt at ALiEN.
So I went back to my original plan to paint it green. I didn't want neon but this green color missed the cap shade by a mile... Still it's better than fuzz.

GC.
That color works really well over gloss white or neon yellow. It'll make it pop more

That color works really well over gloss white or neon yellow. It'll make it pop more
Well...
I'm ok with it as it is. I've also found the can of Dupli-color I used for the blue and along with painting the second stays, I'll be using the jungle green for a fade in on the front. I've also got a new can of Dupli-color Effex clear coat. It's got a multicolor dust in it that is beautiful in the sunlight and invisible in low light. So I believe I'm set for paint. I also got the kickback working. Woohoo! On to the headlight bracket...

GC.

Loving how your bike's turning out so far! Flipping the frame upside down really gives it one heck of an attitude, and having the handlebar stem mounted upside down with the handlebars under the frame is just icing on this extraterrestrial cake! Keep it up man! I look forward to seeing what's next!

Thanks, @Bike from the Dead it's an odd thing with lots of issues from the start. First you've taken the gear side and flipped it L for R, so that make alignment difficult. Then your dropouts are facing up so there's that danger, which I've handled with large fender washers tapped into the threaded mounts in the dropouts. Then there's the chain line... So it's no small undertaking. Seat mount and BB placement are up to you it's a fun puzzle to do. Today I got a different tire on the rear, seat finished and the kickstand mounted replacing one side's washer... A couple more details including the battery box and headlight mount and it will be ready for paint.
IMG_20201112_115412.jpg
IMG_20201112_115430.jpg
IMG_20201112_115345.jpg

GC.

I'm really liking the "skeleton" seat. Dunno how my backside would like it, but my eye is in love
Lol as long as you don't wear your little spandex trek shorts, you're fine. It's actually as comfortable as any springer seat with the cover ripped off....

GC.

^GuitarCarl, for the win!
Ha! I don't know about that. I've only ever "won" a small competition that I initiated... But I am trying to pull the colors and theme of this bike together. The same jungle green for the fade and sprocket. There's green paint markers for tires on the way and I suppose I could order some chain but this one may just get a good cleaning. It's light gray underneath the grime. The handlebar treatment is still up in the air too but I've got options here including some Benotto blue green & black striped tape.

GC.

I wasn't talking about the build off, you just won the internet. "It's actually as comfortable as any springer seat with the cover ripped off...." is the best thing anyone ever said online.

I wasn't talking about the build off, you just won the internet. "It's actually as comfortable as any springer seat with the cover ripped off...." is the best thing anyone ever said online.
:crazy:

So I got the plasma ball headlight mount done today. It's a big part of the onboard ALiEN tech.
IMG_20201117_160446435_BURST001.jpg

But I've been preoccupied with this...
IMG_20201115_165812856~3.jpg

I'm having a hard time unsticking the rear steering column. It's seized but I'm not giving up. The nut comes off but I need a pretty small gear puller to remove the gear before I can even try pulling the column up/out.
IMG_20201117_150339651.jpg

So that's a thing but I keep poking along with the ALiEN.

GC.

Latest posts

Back