Your happy place

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do miss Wisconsin fall colors. Good memories in Door county and also Marinette in the fall
Thanks, We do live in a beautiful area. Here's a few more pics from last weekend my wife took. last few days the winds have brought many leaves down!
small 1.jpg
small 2.jpg
small 3.jpg
small 4.jpg
small 5.jpg

As a kid, I used to go out to the skeletal lighthouse on Marblehead neck on my bike.

fullsizeoutput_23.jpeg

Luckily today, especially with the pandemic, it's our property surrounded by ponds and woods. Old phone takes lousy, dark photos.

IMG_7655.JPG

IMG_7653.JPG
IMG_7654.JPG
IMG_7656.JPG

Gorgeous. My wife wants to visit Greece one day. Maybe after the world rights itself

There's so much to see, especially factoring in all the islands so IMO, prioritize what you want to see or do and don't expect to see everything in one trip so you can really enjoy it. I'm a history person, so that was my priority and I was surprised that one of the best things I saw was Olympia. I don't care about the Olympics, so it held no significance for me other than being the former site of one of the Seven Wonders of the World, but the museum was well setup, the relaxed little town attached to it was quiet of tourists, and the grounds seem to hold a spirit of peace to them. Only other place I experienced what felt like a space's emotional soul was the Colosseum, but completely different feel. Also, the food was really cheap and fantastic and I'm not a huge fan of a lot of Greek staples, like grape leaves and eggplant despite being part Greek (pastitsio, though . . . and the pastries). Now I'm hungry. I also wished I brought a flashlight with me to Mycenae to go through the Tomb of Agamemnon.

I’m lucky in that my wife’s folks retired on this island. They’re awesome people, my father in law is like a mate. he’s tuff as nails. has a small vineyard and a a couple hundred olive trees. was still climbing the trees a couple of years ago at 75 years of age, shaking the olives out of em. Grows just about everything they eat. Lefkas is about a 4 hour drive from Athens airport and the only Greek island linked to the mainland with a bridge. no need to get on a ferry. some of the best beaches in Greece with SAND not pebbles. check out Porto Katsiki, Mylos beach, Egremni, Kathisma, Agios Nikitas and Gialos. Not well known or party island but awesome place.

the bridge is actually a small car ferry that acts as a draw bridge as well as being able to rotate out of the way for larger boats.

The island in the background. Nobody ever goes there because it’s surrounded in submerged pilings. There’s a sandy beach where I always find cool stuff, and there is a place in the middle of the woods on the island that was a dump 120 years ago, I’ve heard of people finding glass bottles and stuff like that there, but I’ve only had the island to myself every time I go. True peace and quiet on a real deserted island.
3F163071-59E1-4F08-9741-794E862ADBFD.jpeg

One place for me is my crazy Tiki room. Here in Florida we call our back patio screen rooms Lanais. So this is in and around my Tiki Lanai. I don't even drink but I am really into mid-century stuff like low-brow art.
SE.jpg

SW.jpg

NW.jpg

I have several happy places. I love being out in the woods on a bike, exploring long stretches of river trails. When I'm at home, I enjoy spending time in my basement workshop. I've always enjoyed building things, and my shop is full of model rockets and model airplanes from previous years spent in those hobbies. My current focus is on photography, bike building, and building guitars and ukuleles.

P4150003.JPG

Old man once told me, "you are a people watcher," and I was never sure what he meant until I got old.
Bicycles let me see the things you miss riding in a cage.
Clearwater Florida, home of scientology and many many people!

Attachments

• 20210104_112635.jpg
    20210104_112635.jpg
    259.2 KB · Views: 86
Old man once told me, "you are a people watcher," and I was never sure what he meant until I got old.
Great area to ride. I try to ride from Dunedin to Clearwater Beach at least once a week.
17 mile round trip.
1.jpg

Last edited:
Those sheet metal duds have me in a tizzy!

Been wanting to post in this thread for a while. I don't think I have a happy place :39:

That explains a lot.

right now my happy place is sitting at the kitchen table with my little guy (3-1/2 years old) listening to him munch apple slices. Unemployment has it's upside sometimes.

Latest posts

Back