Your happy place

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captain Awesome

👑 Lord of Irrelevance
Staff member
Admin
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Offshoot from another thread by @MattiThundrrr and inspired by @Karate Chicken Industries

Show us your happy places. Spaces and places you love to spend time or hold a special place for you

I love the water. Grew up boating and did marine work for years. Boats, dock work, diving, ........ My wife grew up boating as well and had a dad that was a genuine aquaholic

It's zen for me

image000000.jpg

Offshoot from another thread by @MattiThundrrr and inspired by @Karate Chicken Industries

Show us your happy places. Spaces and places you love to spend time or hold a special place for you

I love the water. Grew up boating and did marine work for years. Boats, dock work, diving, ........ My wife grew up boating as well and had a dad that was a genuine aquaholic

It's zen for me

View attachment 126834
Beautiful. I'D HAVE TO HAVE A LIFE JACKET THOUGH.

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk

I can see my zen place in your photo Captain Awesome... it would be that big pink floatie.

Handyandy I was surprised to find a huge train layout here in Oahu. They have an old farm train that they have converted that takes tourists along the coastline a few miles here. The museum there has a giant O gauge, HO, and other layouts all in one big airconditioned room.
http://www.hawaiianrailway.com/
I prefer to be out riding. Phone turned off and no sked. Here there are plenty of good paths. This is on Hickam AF base at the channel into Pearl Harbor:
23244221_1634014836619981_5940720703443103924_n.jpg

My family's summer house (where I'll be spending the next three weeks :) ). My grandparents bought it back in the 70's, so I've been coming here my whole life. My mum inherited it, and recently passed it along to me and my sister - that way we won't have to pay inheritance tax when her time comes, and she gets to use it as much as she wants while we do all the practical stuff (painting etc.). Win/win.

Deer in the yard

My spot on the beach

The port in the town nearby

Love that shot. Where is it?
Last Summer I was doing a lot of ride/hike combos where riding into trailheads was financially more sound than driving. The shot was of The Continental Divide, taken about 200' below the summit of Mount Audobon.

No pics, as I was too happy to be there yesterday. I escaped the forest fire smoke and did a monster of a ride that beat me down like a redheaded stepchild. The singletrack payoff after all of the fire road climbing had it all, fast swoopy, chunky tech, overgrown route finding and completely void of other humanoids.

Now back to work, refreshed and ready to rock.

No pics, as I was too happy to be there yesterday. I escaped the forest fire smoke and did a monster of a ride that beat me down like a redheaded stepchild. The singletrack payoff after all of the fire road climbing had it all, fast swoopy, chunky tech, overgrown route finding and completely void of other humanoids.

Now back to work, refreshed and ready to rock.

I'd kill for even some good fire road hammering. No hero dirt near me

There is this "low water crossing" near my house people are always getting their trucks stuck in for years. i mean since pearl had paint and phones didn't take pictures. Nobody really knows about it unless they know someone else who showed them where it is. So it is always either empty or someone is waiting to get pulled out. I said something about it and Kate started pouting so I took her out there for a picnic. She was not mad. It is "OHV" access only at the very least. I mean I guess you could get there in a canoe.
64823_101274306604465_782139_n.jpg
97340641_3209223432476188_2185715874910961664_o.jpg
96370524_3209771415754723_3258367266844049408_n.jpg
97101406_3209224029142795_4467512062314020864_o.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back