BO15 Poor Man’s Racycle

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check it out another girls Spaceliner. I have four of them in pieces on the top shelf in the barn. I might as well use one. I am going back and forth between using the chrome or painted frame.
496D294A-087E-4595-A20F-32613792B3D9.jpeg

Officially the painted one is an AMC. I bought a couple years ago at auction as a complete bike and have been borrowing parts from it since then. The chrome one came from another auction I bought just for the fork.
822EC98C-3E13-4B33-9610-59236A210ABA.jpeg

These two are going to remain on the shelf and maybe one day they will be riders again. Obviously at some point in my life I went on an amazing spaceliner buying spree but I ended up with 3 of them in good riding condition. Time to use up the spare parts.
5FEB813B-75AB-476A-A373-601F8AC2897B.jpeg

These may end up donating parts, I have not decided yet.

Girls Spaceliners have a special history for me! Looking forward to it. :)

BTW, the painted frame is a Flightliner and the chrome one is a Spaceliner. You can tell by the top tubes.

You can't go wrong with a liner!!! Love the holey mega sprocket!!

Crank washers are thicker . They tend to be easier to stack up if you need a couple of them.
I honestly grabbed the first thing I found just to see it together and figured I would grab the proper later. It’s a 200 foot walk to the barn where the spare parts are at, a lot of effort.

Last edited:
My first choice for a chain guard is a fail. I don’t see how it will fit and look good.
A455B796-F1B9-43B5-9AEA-E2181944AB5B.jpeg

Time to look for the next option. Last choice the original will fit with minimal effort.
BD172A19-776C-422E-9E03-4D496D2C98E1.jpeg

I sacrificed a chrome Worksman chain guard to see how Rustoleum Lens tint would work on the frame. I am not sure about it yet. It’s a neat smoky chrome in spot and splotchy in others
04DD176A-0515-4DF5-99F1-32D685E0C851.jpeg
2D2C1C02-AE59-4FDB-B4CF-E6E1338B2995.jpeg

If you can't make the vitamast guard work, the make a rear rack out it with the seatpost sticking through the hole. :D

Last year I started my bike for this in the middle of a kitchen remodel. This year I started this bike and shortly after I decided that after 13 years it’s time to finish the drywall in the garage. So everything’s out to the barn for now. Hopefully in a week I can be finished up, have the garage set up again and get restarted on this. However I found a good parts bike.
FE0905F9-8C1B-4B9E-B497-1A3FC19E4DF9.jpeg

Save a couple bearings, grab a spoke or two then off to the scrap pile.. Seriously I tried all winter to find a men’s Spaceliner for this project. Now that I have one I want to stick with the girls.

Last year I started my bike for this in the middle of a kitchen remodel. This year I started this bike and shortly after I decided that after 13 years it’s time to finish the drywall in the garage. So everything’s out to the barn for now. Hopefully in a week I can be finished up, have the garage set up again and get restarted on this. However I found a good parts bike.View attachment 122482
Save a couple bearings, grab a spoke or two then off to the scrap pile.. Seriously I tried all winter to find a men’s Spaceliner for this project. Now that I have one I want to stick with the girls.
Is it just me, or is the springer fork assembled differently? I don't know if I've seen those Spaceliners with the front wheel positioned that far forward. Looks pretty cool that way!

Many people have flipped those rat trap springer for the stretched out vibe, but it is totally for looks. It will definitely affect the steering geometry and It probably kills most of the springer action. But it looks cool. People have also done this with beehive springers.

Time for this build to come out of Page 3 quarantine! Any updates?

Time for this build to come out of Page 3 quarantine! Any updates?
2020 has not been very cooperative with me and this project has not got out of the “arts and crafts” phase. I have played around with the idea of making a metal tank and made a minimal investment on an english wheel but this has been a low priority.

Latest posts

Back