Studebaker Pedal Car

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reconfigured the drive. A middle and left side BB drives the left wheel, and I've ordered an electric kit that I'll have laced onto the right wheel.
IMG_9524.JPG
IMG_9525.JPG
IMG_9526.JPG
IMG_9527.JPG

That will be so much fun, you'll stay out all day. I know I would pack a lunch if I was going for a ride. It'll need a second battery for extended rides.

You just keep raising the bar Deven!
Is the Stude' going to be driveable by your kiddo too?
I'm also curious:
1. Which car has tighter turning radius, Prius or The Hybrid Studebaker?
2. Will the Prius also get the same conversion one day?

I've always admired the old Studebakers and
until recently would occasionally work in the old Studebaker factory in Hamilton, Ontario when it was used as a Film and TV studio.

Attachments

• Truck-Safety-Label-NHE-14976_1000.gif
    Truck-Safety-Label-NHE-14976_1000.gif
    22.8 KB · Views: 137
Technically there is a setup to use 3 engines at the same time from one throttle/pedal assistance.
Never heard of that. I was thinking hub motors, those don't work quite right sharing one controller. They either don't sinc up, or one almost acts like a generator. I have a bike frame I want to put two hub drives on.

Never heard of that. I was thinking hub motors, those don't work quite right sharing one controller. They either don't sinc up, or one almost acts like a generator. I have a bike frame I want to put two hub drives on.

There are ways to sync them - there are at least a dozen bicycles out there with properly synced 2 and 3 motors (3 motors - two hub motors & and one BB motor - crazy, but it can work)

There are ways to sync them - there are at least a dozen bicycles out there with properly synced 2 and 3 motors (3 motors - two hub motors & and one BB motor - crazy, but it can work)
Yeah I about got the math right for my idea. I'd need like 74 18650s with two 1k watt hub motors to keep a cruising speed of around 30mph and a top speed around 45. I don't wanna keep derailing, though.

Latest posts

Back