Help ID cheap Cruiser for a newb?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Iam pretty sure this is some big box store china cruiser, but was really cheap and would help me get into cruisers...had a big murray when i was a kid and loved it.I would ride all over for miles on that thing....
anyhow,there anyway to ID this thing? the P.O. didnt know either, was just a bike to use
tried looking up the serial number off the rear drop out,but it came up as a 57 schwinn?!?! highly doubt that!
any help would be appreciated.

2709806-1577480452-880048.jpg
2709806-1577480447-960967.jpg

While I don't think it's a fifty whatever Schwinn, is definitely a cool way to get into cruisin. If you ask me, it's got an 80s BMX /beach cruiserish vibe because of the straight fork and brakes. I can't read the chainguard because of messed up phone, but if you give more info, might be easier to pin it down. Any brands/models on brakes, shifters, derailleur, rims, indication of the steel type, such as cro mo or something might add to value. The slogan on the fork might be because it was a promotional give away bike, reminds me of tobacco for some reason.
But if it works and is comfortable, it definitely looks cool. I've gotten compliments riding a hundred dollar bike that I did cheapo customization to.

just got home, and looks like it has a "Coors Light - Silver Bullet Racing team" decal on the other fork....and a "Catalina Cruisers" decal on the chain guard

At one time, Huffy bikes had the date coded into the serial number, such as 91234, for the 123rd day of 1994, (for example), along with a bunch of other model code numbers.

Also, as I recall, some parts, such as chrome rims and Wald stem, may have had date stamps.

Some Huffy bikes were built in Celina, west of China.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back