‘65 Stingray Nominal Basic

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
63C01D8C-9519-403F-A969-22E8D433B595.jpeg
796F1FB0-8709-4596-8FE8-3E5FEBAC4BFC.jpeg
A206050F-9CE2-4294-9158-0F788316BCAE.jpeg
67D6236A-46C7-4C86-9AAB-D09BEFCF2EF7.jpeg
42E8B1ED-EC64-436B-98DC-82978BF3DED3.jpeg
89BF0D92-324A-48E5-A16D-DE0A0451F6AC.jpeg
E0F97771-AACB-4BCC-9B94-BB15A414C50C.jpeg
90664058-E862-4AC8-B6E0-41CD6E83F39B.jpeg
160CD1B8-0E94-4FD4-A29D-2D0C3497944D.jpeg
AAE14EAC-5E3F-46FC-AB01-7AB995B3F20F.jpeg
So, here she is. Final build notes:

Authentic Schwinn:
1965 Schwinn stingray J33 frame, headset cups, B.B. cups, seat post clamp and head badge

Serial Number: DA52804

1967 Schwinn fairlady crank, chain ring, B.B. bearings/hardware, kickstand, chain guard and headset bearings

Vintage Schwinn chubby grips

Authentic Rat:
Vintage AMF 20” truss fork
Vintage Sears handlebar stem/hardware
Vintage Wald handlebars
Vintage Viscount banana seat/hardware
Late model Huffy BMX wheels & hardware
New Aftermarket Schwinn stingray decals
New Aftermarket tires w/ decals
New Aftermarket seat post
New Aftermarket diamondback BMX chain
New Aftermarket bow tie pedals
Unknown sissy bar!!!!

Finally, thanks for all the help given to me by the RRB community. I really appreciate all your expertise, help, guidance and input.

I had a ball building this thing and definitely could not have done this without you guys.

Thanks again, do good, and I look forward to many future builds.

Last edited:
I really like the paint on this bad boy.

414A8326-F5BD-4CF6-AFFE-A70C7801099E.jpeg
I really like the paint on this bad boy.
Thanks kingfish!!!

PsychoGraphic coached me through a lot of the paint. I actually wanted to upload a sun glistening photo into the original post here but could not as the file was too big to upload!!

After tinkering awhile, I finally got it shrunk down. At certain angles in direct sun, the clear effex paint on this bike really glows.

Check this out!!!

All the blacked out parts with that very custom and unique paint on the frame really set this one apart!

Congrats on a cool muscle bike build! Look forward to more in the future. :thumbsup:

All the blacked out parts with that very custom and unique paint on the frame really set this one apart!

Congrats on a cool muscle bike build! Look forward to more in the future. :thumbsup:
Thanks OJ. -And I’d like to give a special thanks to you on this. You were super encouraging throughout the entire build process and gave me a ton of support and direction.

Thanks so much for your help on this and I can’t wait for the summer build off!!!!

PS: I DO have a ride video of this I took specifically for you!!!! It’s too big to upload: if you have a few pointers on setting up a YouTube channel, I’ll set one up and post it!

Really cool black wheels look great.
Thanks Bob. In my opinion, the black wheels are sort of cheating.

It seems like every bike i see with black wheels, they always sort of kick the bike into high gear.

From the truss fork to the black wheels, I definitely wanted to do a stingray that was a strong deviation from the seemingly endless array of factory correct, identical twins that are plastered all over bike shows, cruise ins, eBay and Craigslist.

I have definitely never seen a stingray with truss forks and can’t recall one with black wheels either. Couple that with a limited budget for authentic Schwinn wheels, and that’s what I got!

Thanks again for the kind words and I look forward to the next build!

Thanks OJ. -And I’d like to give a special thanks to you on this. You were super encouraging throughout the entire build process and gave me a ton of support and direction.

Thanks so much for your help on this and I can’t wait for the summer build off!!!!

PS: I DO have a ride video of this I took specifically for you!!!! It’s too big to upload: if you have a few pointers on setting up a YouTube channel, I’ll set one up and post it!
Jude, of you have a Google acct, like gmail, it's easy to set up things like your channel on Youtube, streaming Youtube on your smart TV, sharing documents, excel sheets, etc.

Latest posts

Back