Top Fool

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm getting there. I'm sure the next 4 weeks are going to go by faster than I want.

PC280905.jpg
PC280906.jpg

Clue number two on the mystery part. In honor of @OddJob, a rear tire from an Ed Roth "Drag Nut" model.

PC300907.jpg

Two pieces cut from a cheap xacto knife handle.

PC300909.jpg

Last edited:
Blower pulley? I keep looking at the vintage dragsters and drawing blanks.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

After waiting 11 days for a tire to come (that should have only taken three days), they sent the wrong size! The ad clearly stated a 406 tire, they sent a 451. The stock numbers match and the ad looked like one from the manufacturer. None of the LBS by me do anything but high end bikes, so I'm stuck with online and I'm getting tired of the ridiculous way bike parts are designated. Why the heck are there two 20" sizes, and neither measure an actual 20".

At this point I doubt if I will get this bike done in time for the deadline. I'm totally bummed and losing interest in finishing it.

Last edited:
I've been on the road for a few days, just got to this now. Really dig the Drag Nut model piece! :heart:
With today's clue, I'm going with "water bottle screw top" as my guess. Doubling as a radiator cap....water....cooling for the Top Fool. ;)

We all run into those snags with our builds that set us back some. You have put an immense amount of work into this. Bring it on home!

Is 406 the 20" tire size you want? What are the dimensions of your rims again? If they aren't Schwinn specific rims, most tires that aren't labeled as such should fit a conventional ' 20" ' rim.

Try this site: https://www.jbi.bike/site/
Go to Products, then Tires, then Clincher, then 20".
There will be dozens of options. J & B Imports is a national wholesaler with many distribution centers around the country. There will be an LBS near you that has an account with them, and will order from your nearest location. If you find a tire you like, go to the drop down tab in the item listing, click on it, and it will tell you if it is in stock at all the various distribution centers. You can check all the dimensions, tread, etc right there, and submit the part # to your LBS, and they will be able to tell you the price based on that.

J & B carries many of the name brand 20" tires, and some you haven't heard of likely.

No, not a water bottle cap. The next clue should definitely give it away.

Thanks for the info and link, I have asked at some LBSs about tires, they could only find the same tire I bought online, and at a much higher price. I would prefer to support a local store, but beside the price they just don't get the custom bike idea. Once I mention it's a Walmart frame and wheels, it's like I have a disease, and I get the impression that I'm not good enough for their help.

Another problem is with all the spoof calls, no one wants to answer their phones anymore. So trying to get any info without having to waste time and money on gas is impossible.

Yes it is a 406 I'm looking for. The rim measures about 16 3/4" for the outer diameter of the rim and about 3/4" wide from the inside of the rim.

Sandman gave me a link to a tire I can use. I'm waiting to hear back from the ebay seller that I got the incorrectly advertised size tire from.

Last edited:
Air freshener!

We have a winner!

I have to redo the logo on this side, it caught on the bottle cage and ripped the orange vinyl on the corners of the "N". The bottle is a bit smaller than a normal bottle and I had to bend the cage a bit to fit. I wish I had a smaller gauge, but this one will do for now.

P1020913.jpg

Last edited:
NOS???
The dragster pictures really threw me off.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Blame Matti for the pics, he's the one who confused you.:21:

I would have loved to put a set of zoomies and a bug catcher on it, but the chain was in the way of the zoomies. I couldn't figure out how to fit a scoop on it and look good, the next best thing that says drag racer is nitrous. The Nos bottle was an easy build and looked good on the frame.

I heard back from the seller on the front tire. They are ordering another tire and will be checking it before sending it out. I looked at the tag on the tire and the manufacturer has it listed as a 406 (If I'm reading it correctly). I tried to contact Vee Tire Co. to make sure they do sell a 406 20 x 1, but as I said before, no one answers a phone anymore.

I hope they can get me one because it really looks good with that tall back tire.

P1020915.JPG

I've been trying to come up with a paint scheme for this bike and until today have not been happy with any of my designs. Today I think I have one I like. As of right now, I'm thinking a black base with gold ice pearl, with gold and either blue, green, or purple candy over a silver mini flake base for the graphics.

Having a design I like has me excited to get back to work on the Fool.

P1020916.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back