Hand made Italy bike!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This bike has been for sale for over a year at $180. It is hand made in Italy. What exactly is this bike. I am guessing Columbus tubing. There is no stickers. Judging by those shifter mounts, I would guess late 80s to early 90s. I love the paint!
20190529_182815.jpg

20190529_182817.jpg

Well... actually that looks like a Bianchi or a Motobecane

What makes you say that? I am curious, want to learn more about classic road bikes. To me, it looks like one of those bike building kits, perhaps they emulated one of the brands you had mentioned
bike-tubes-lugs-700x467.jpg

What makes you say that? I am curious, want to learn more about classic road bikes. To me, it looks like one of those bike building kits, perhaps they emulated one of the brands you had mentionedView attachment 110178

Some parts of the bikes are very distingushiable when it comes to European bikes. It's a must to distinguish most of them when you live in Poland, since there are a lot of scammers who try to sell cheap Chinese/USSR/Chechoslovakian or even Polish bikes disguised as Pre-War bikes, or a lot more expensive bikes. Not that long ago, there was a guy who tried to sell a breakless fixie made Romet Huragan from the late seventies for an equivalent of 200$. The frame that we nickname "gas-pipe street bike" - from the poorly made Polish pipes is worth not more than 20$, and all the parts were no more than 80$. Also had a lot of customers in my shop who bought bikes from scammers - A single speed, coaster brake conversion (mostly on Chinese parts) of an old Chechoslovakian Eska for 200$ (all original bikes like that go for around 100$), or the best one who bought a GDR-made Mifa from the late fifties with a lot of rust, bent fork, broken seat, and generally in a very poor condition. He got it in a very popular scam-antique shop, located in Warsaw's Oldtown for a price of almost 400$! (that's like 1/2 of a minimum month salary here in Poland) The owner of the scam-antique shop told this guy that it's a rare Pre-WWII bicycle. I don't have to tell you how sad he was, when I told him, that the year 1958 was stamped on the frame, and that in this condition the bike is worth almost next-to-nothing :confused:

That's how all the antique markets work in Poland (sadly) - since the "antique boom" in circa 2013 people just went crazy for everything old, and a lot of scammers started making money of of it. Just look up to the prices of things like old US-made cars in Poland. People buy cars from USA for about 1000$, ship them to Poland (they don't even register them, only pay taxes), and sell them sometimes for 5000-10000$ :confused:

Some parts of the bikes are very distingushiable when it comes to European bikes. It's a must to distinguish most of them when you live in Poland, since there are a lot of scammers who try to sell cheap Chinese/USSR/Chechoslovakian or even Polish bikes disguised as Pre-War bikes, or a lot more expensive bikes. Not that long ago, there was a guy who tried to sell a breakless fixie made Romet Huragan from the late seventies for an equivalent of 200$. The frame that we nickname "gas-pipe street bike" - from the poorly made Polish pipes is worth not more than 20$, and all the parts were no more than 80$. Also had a lot of customers in my shop who bought bikes from scammers - A single speed, coaster brake conversion (mostly on Chinese parts) of an old Chechoslovakian Eska for 200$ (all original bikes like that go for around 100$), or the best one who bought a GDR-made Mifa from the late fifties with a lot of rust, bent fork, broken seat, and generally in a very poor condition. He got it in a very popular scam-antique shop, located in Warsaw's Oldtown for a price of almost 400$! (that's like 1/2 of a minimum month salary here in Poland) The owner of the scam-antique shop told this guy that it's a rare Pre-WWII bicycle. I don't have to tell you how sad he was, when I told him, that the year 1958 was stamped on the frame, and that in this condition the bike is worth almost next-to-nothing :confused:

That's how all the antique markets work in Poland (sadly) - since the "antique boom" in circa 2013 people just went crazy for everything old, and a lot of scammers started making money of of it. Just look up to the prices of things like old US-made cars in Poland. People buy cars from USA for about 1000$, ship them to Poland (they don't even register them, only pay taxes), and sell them sometimes for 5000-10000$ :confused:
I know someone who bought an Ofmega Mistral rear derailleur from Poland off of some obscure market. The derailleur was not there even after 3 months. He called, and his response was from some Polish guy that kept going on about how the American are so spoiled and want everything right away. He got the package the next day. There was really no official shipping stickers on the box. All there was were "Passed to ***, Passed to ***, Passed to ***". These were written in marker directly on the box. There were about 30-40 different names on it.

I know someone who bought an Ofmega Mistral rear derailleur from Poland off of some obscure market. The derailleur was not there even after 3 months. He called, and his response was from some Polish guy that kept going on about how the American are so spoiled and want everything right away. He got the package the next day. There was really no official shipping stickers on the box. All there was were "Passed to ***, Passed to ***, Passed to ***". These were written in marker directly on the box. There were about 30-40 different names on it.

Sadly - That's how a lot of people do buisness around here, oh and try to tell them that something that they wan't to sell is overpriced - expect at least a very angry comment mostly about "if you don't wan't to buy it - don't comment!" or "You know s...t about prices!" :confused:

Which parts are you talking about? All I can see is the frame and fork

Mostly about the size of the tubes (by that you can indicate the producer, most of the producers - like Columbus, used only a few sizes of tubes), size and style of tube fittings. Problem is that there are a lot of Chinese manufacturers, who tend to copy those parts.

Latest posts

Back