Winter build off?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From the above linked thread
Luke the Joker said:

"So just to be clear, if your build does not meet the accepted criteria we use for Muscle Bikes:

The 2 out 3 rule: Must meet at least 2 of the following 3 requirements:

1: Rear tire larger than the front. (Wider, taller or both.)
2: Banana seat.
3: Muscle bike appropriate bars. (Apehangers, steering wheels...)
You can have all three.

All wheels/tires must be under 21" diameter and you enter in
Class 2."

And Kingfish said:
"The way I read it, 24/24. 24/20, or 26 could all be in class one as long as they have a nanner and apes. You only have to meet 2 out of 3 criteria for class 1"

I like the idea of anything under 24/21 if that ends up being a class. I did a 26 inch muscle bike wanna be last time. I'm not a huge ape hanger or banana seat guy.

If we do the 21and under build off, I'm in. Picked up 3 sweet 16's to fix up and donate. Figure I can use the worst of the lot to build a "mouse" rod bike.
96cf1ba8e8de89a6152801370bfdc7aa.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

i might be in for a 21'' and under build , i got somthing in mind and might be off work this winter or at least part time

I don't know if the bikes I'd like to build would even qualify by the rules as a "muscle bike". Unless smaller tire on the front could mean 26x2.35 on the rear and 26x2.00 on the front.
Yep, that qualifies as one, you would just need one of the other two to qualify.
One question on the 21 and under. If I don't have a suitable test pilot, do I have to ride it to prove it's rideable?
Only if it looks suspect... ;)

I was away for a while again but have updated the thread with rules and timing:

http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/in...f-anyone-up-for-it.109424/page-2#post-1117262

Why does rideability matter didn't in the buildoff?
I thought that it was a requirement of all the build offs. Not sure anymore.

But if I have to ride a 16" kid's bike, I might as well submit a video of a trained circus bear on a tiny bike. :rofl:

But if I have to ride a 16" kid's bike, I might as well submit a video of a trained circus bear on a tiny bike. :rofl:

Doesn't state: that the builder, has to be the one to ride it.:D
would have to be a tall seat post , & apehsngers.:grin:

I can't ride this kind of bike, my left knee won't straighten out and it only bends part way back. The Doctor called it a contracture, what ever that is. The seat and bars would have to be up over 2 feet. I can get a full stroke on a 26 incher. The seat and bars would have to be able to accommodate a 32 inch reach. Since I ride all my bikes this is one I'll have to watch. I enjoy that too. I'll be working on 1930s and a 1950s track bikes this winter and I plan to have build journals posted here for both of them. They both are Frankenbikes so I guess that makes them rats of a sort. The 1930s job I started last spring and should finish it this fall or early winter. Hey, I could squeeze 23 mm tire on the rear and 20 mm tire on the front of the 1950s track bike and toss on a set of apes. That should let me in? I wonder if there is some kind of banana seat for track bikes, that wouldn't surprise me. Just when you think some bike part doesn't exist you find that it does or has.

Why does rideability matter didn't in the buildoff?
Actually it has always been a requirement.

Doesn't state: that the builder, has to be the one to ride it.:D
would have to be a tall seat post , & apehsngers.:grin:
I can't ride this kind of bike, my left knee won't straighten out and it only bends part way back. The Doctor called it a contracture, what ever that is. The seat and bars would have to be up over 2 feet. I can get a full stroke on a 26 incher. The seat and bars would have to be able to accommodate a 32 inch reach. Since I ride all my bikes this is one I'll have to watch. I enjoy that too. I'll be working on 1930s and a 1950s track bikes this winter and I plan to have build journals posted here for both of them. They both are Frankenbikes so I guess that makes them rats of a sort. The 1930s job I started last spring and should finish it this fall or early winter. Hey, I could squeeze 23 mm tire on the rear and 20 mm tire on the front of the 1950s track bike and toss on a set of apes. That should let me in? I wonder if there is some kind of banana seat for track bikes, that wouldn't surprise me. Just when you think some bike part doesn't exist you find that it does or has.

I think you guys are missing the point. If you are building a reasonably normal build, you don't have to prove anything!
The only reason you need to prove ridabilty is if you are doing something crazy.

That is the reason I post videos sometimes:

@LukeTheJoker , No Sir,
I'm not missing the point;
I am saying, that not all builds: need to be intended for the builder to be the rider..:D
Cool. Have no junior test pilots available for a small bike build. I might save it for a future grand child. If so, it may be awhile until I can get a ride video. LOL

Cool. Have no junior test pilots available for a small bike build. I might save it for a future grand child. If so, it may be awhile until I can get a ride video. LOL

I hardly know you, but I'll send you one of mine!

Latest posts

Back