Western Sizzler X-53 Blue Light Special - More pics and Video

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20190907_102605.jpg

Wow. You really know how to work this Build Off format, saving big moves for the home stretch!

No time to save anything in reserve. I only started 44 days ago! :D. I am just trying to catch up.

Bout to take this sexy lady for a ride.
I think I am done.

20190907_102548.jpg

Last edited:
I'll update my build work pics tonight, but I'll post some Savannah ride pics while I am out and about.

Great work B!! Mother's Finest?!? You get a star for that one. Bike came out beautiful. YBJ2B!! See ya at the finish line. Peace

Great work B!! Mother's Finest?!? You get a star for that one. Bike came out beautiful. YBJ2B!! See ya at the finish line. Peace

Yo Jake, perfect timing. I am in front of Club Jinx and they had this photo of you and me from back in the day! DO YOU HEAR ME BROTHA! I PITY DA FOOL THAT DON'T FINISH THEIR BUILD!

@Jake Sensi

20190907_153214.jpg

Last edited:
Hittin' the bricks, nice! Does it ride as good as it looks?

Hittin' the bricks, nice! Does it ride as good as it looks?

Rides great. I can even pump it standing in the stirrups. Got these guys to take a ride video of me around the Vietnam Memorial. I'll post it tomorrow. I have a poker game tonight.

20190907_162115.jpg

I love how the sun reflecting off of the sissy bar lights up the trucker plate.

20190907_163807.jpg

Yo Jake, perfect timing. I am in front of Club Jinx and they had this photo of you and me from back in the day! DO YOU HEAR ME BROTHA! I PITY DA FOOL THAT DON'T FINISH THEIR BUILD!

@Jake Sensi

View attachment 103817
HAHAHAHA!!!! I'M RIGHT BEHIND YOU BROTHER. I PITY DA SLACKAH!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

I had an awesome 3 hour photo ride around Savannah this afternoon, then I had a neighbor poker game. No time to go through the ride pics, but I do want to update the build work pics.

The bike rode great by the way. I could easily stand up on the pedals off the line with these killer handlebars! The bike was a hit with the tourists too.

So anyway back to the build work.

The sissy bar rods are a smaller diameter that the frame mid tubes that they slide into. I used electrical tape with slivers of angle shims to dampen it at the front and wedge it in place at the rear.

20190907_091703.jpg

Then I used allen set screw to secure it to ends of the tubes

Attachments

• 20190907_092449.jpg
    20190907_092449.jpg
    186.5 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
Man I just got an INTERNAL SERVER ERROR from the forum trying to upload a photo. I sure hope this is a temporary thing.

Latest posts

Back