Hidden Treasure: Class 2

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's been a few builds lately with seat post issues and some have solved the problem with a post configured like a stem, with a threaded rod, a pinch bolt and a nut and washer on top. The old aluminum Silver King frames were like that and it works well. The pinch bolt doesn't need to be a wedge either it can be a cone, with the post slotted at the bottom. This spreads the force evenly. It seems you may have solved your problem. But this solution may be worth saving for a future issue if you don't explore it now...

Carl.

GuitarlCarl, as always thinking outside of the box! This is a great idea.
Since I will be installing new fork I plan on using the old air suspension fork as a sissy bar and going with either a naner or a seatbench. I will be grateful for any idea on how to make the seat hinged at the front (I think I almost picture it though, thanks to You).

Still a little off topic, my banana seat bolts are seized to heck and back, after some choice words, I decided to dig out some parts to sell, (a 24" trike mag kit), then this happened:
47353120_10216371404334032_4263089146785955840_o.jpg

I've just read that more than one entry is allowed, is that one per class, I wonder...

Last edited:
I believe it has been one entry per class in the past Graham. Might find your answer in the MBBO Discussion thread.

From the link to the 2017 rules:

Rule 4- Multiple entries from one builder are allowed, but they must have their own build threads and be entered for voting separately with a single bike voting picture.

I may have to build another, this one's almost finished! It's easier to sell bikes than all their parts, and it's a long way 'til Feb'!

Still a little off topic, my banana seat bolts are seized to heck and back, after some choice words, I decided to dig out some parts to sell, (a 24" trike mag kit), then this happened:
47353120_10216371404334032_4263089146785955840_o.jpg

I've just read that more than one entry is allowed, is that one per class, I wonder...
I believe it has been one entry per class in the past Graham. Might find your answer in the MBBO Discussion thread.
From the link to the 2017 rules:

Rule 4- Multiple entries from one builder are allowed, but they must have their own build threads and be entered for voting separately with a single bike voting picture.

I may have to build another, this one's almost finished! It's easier to sell bikes than all their parts, and it's a long way 'til Feb'!
As many entries as you think you can finish! They must have their own separate threads and photos for voting at the end.

I still need to mess with the sissy, although sadly I've noticed this bike is way down the "just jump on for a quick ride" list, which means it may well be parted out before this contest ends, due to spacial concerns..

One does not just simply "sling" together a muscle bike for class 1.
A showroom paint job and professional chrome is the recognized procedure, along with rare and vintage muscle bike accessories... lol.

Merle.

Sent from the backseat of a crowded clown car

“I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My life is my own.” :soapbox:
There's a reason I always build in class 2...
and it's not because I can't find a "real" muscle bike.
(plus don't pay Merle no mind. He's a figment of somebody's imagination. Alway's goofin' off.)

Carl.

Latest posts

Back