VINTAGE BICYCLE ADS

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, here's something for all the old guys... do you remember the Johnson Smith catalogs? They were full of tricks, toys, games, books, musical instruments, and bike stuff. I found a 1950's catalog on Ebay. Check out the bike items... and their prices!
JSCAT_1.jpeg
JSCAT_2.jpeg
JSCAT_3.jpeg
JSCAT_4.jpeg
JSCAT_5.jpeg

Here we go, as I started talk about Finnish bicycles built on Norwegian Øglænd frames, here's a advert for them, probably from late 60's. The model in the picture is clearly their own brand and probably some luxury model as this has their own chain guard and the carrying handle which most Finnish made Øglænd bikes do not. The advert is in Finnish, but I'll translate it for you. :)

"Most bicycles have style and fashion, but You demand of course more! The bike has to be STURDY. It is the frame which defines the quality of the bicycle.

Norwegian Øglænd-frame withstands - it withstands Norways harsh roads and it will does the same in Finland too. "NORSK FARBIKAT GARANTI" are words with a big meaning for you once you choose this summer stylish, sturdy and fashionable Øglænd bicycle."

Attachments

• Øglænd.jpg
    Øglænd.jpg
    522.5 KB · Views: 139
f4b24fcb66e95d9259e0a286f8775fc3.jpg

Picture above: the text says: "where high requirements are demanded the Fongers are distinguished"
(Hard to translate, its old Dutch)
41b764ddf33d7c9068f9e46122cf4e44.jpg

ed5c2757ee28b25d40a1e78b4c09ebab.jpg

cb53a9cbb466f29c23f86d161c2ba455.jpg

Swedish bicycles have the most beautiful chaincovers!

Latest posts

Back