Class 2 - Silver Angel

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
those wheels came out primo Glen

Thanks Ryan, feel free to pop around to see it in person before I deliver it to the birthday girl. It's pretty much all assembled now... just a couple of wee things to do, then I'll get some photos and take it apart for boxing up.

Well, my computer died so I went and got a cheap tablet and boy, it's frustrating compared to my old iMac. So I might be a bit slow in updating while I figure it all out :39:

UPDATE: I didn't like the tablet so took it back and got a refund. I've replaced my old iMac with another iMac... not an upgrade, just a cheap second-hand replacement. :rolleyes:

Ahhhh... that's better :happy:

Should have an update photo tomorrow... of the bike.:nerd:

Glen.

Should have an update photo tomorrow... of the bike.:nerd:

Glen.

So here are a few 'almost done' update photos as promised...

76_AlmostDone.JPG

77_AlmostDone.JPG

78_AlmostDone.JPG

79_AlmostDone.JPG

Just a few more little things to do and it'll be packed into a box for delivery :)

Glen.

Before you 'pack it up', any thought to a custom head badge or decal for the chain guard? I dig the sparkly silver paint with the chrome, and the purple accents. It just feels like it needs a little dash of lettering or logo of some kind.

Don't know about your time allowed, or shipping to your location, but I had these done for my MBBO #5 Four-gone Conclusion by a guy on ebay. Real inexpensive, they came in an envelop, so the shipping was also very cheap, if any. He did my MBBO OddJob Hottest Hot Rod Award lettering as well.

Colors available. They are vinyl applique, so easy to handle.

20160916_191848.jpg
20161017_130454.jpg

Before you 'pack it up', any thought to a custom head badge or decal for the chain guard? I dig the sparkly silver paint with the chrome, and the purple accents. It just feels like it needs a little dash of lettering or logo of some kind.

Don't know about your time allowed, or shipping to your location, but I had these done for my MBBO #5 Four-gone Conclusion by a guy on ebay. Real inexpensive, they came in an envelop, so the shipping was also very cheap, if any. He did my MBBO OddJob Hottest Hot Rod Award lettering as well.

Colors available. They are vinyl applique, so easy to handle.

View attachment 86249 View attachment 86248
I've been researching vinyl decals for my build. You can typically source something locally from a sign making shop. @Glen, I'm sure if you gave them the artwork for you Silver Angel logo they could whip up a head badge decal or something.

It was always my intention to have the logo made into a stick on vinyl head badge. Someone I know has a laser cutter so I got some purple vinyl and we tried cutting the logo with it but of course it melted a bit and wasn't that good. After doing that, I cut a small 'A' in some aluminium from a drink can and painted it with the purple glitter nail polish. I showed it previously but here it is again...

index.php

I tried sticking it to the head tube with double sided tape but the outer edges didn't hold very well and it would eventually just fall off.

My friend with the laser cutter knows someone else with an actual vinyl cutter and said he'd get this other bloke to give it a go. So hopefully that'll work. :nod:

And yes, I have indeed thought of getting 'Silver Angel' lettering to put in the recess on the chain guard, but I'm still not sure about that yet. :39:

Glen.

Here’s a shot of Silver Angel with the ‘convertible’ top tube on...

80_WithTopTube.JPG

I made some ‘temporary’ clamps using plastic from an old ice cream container covered with duct tape...

81_TopTubeClampTemp.jpg

I’ll hopefully be able to do something better, but if not, it will do. :nod:

Glen.

Looking good Glen, some lettering would be the icing on the cake!

The cake is iced :giggle:

The vinyl stickers arrived...

82_Stickers.jpg

There are spares in case I mucked up, but I got them applied ok...

83_HeadBadge.jpg

84_ChainGuard.jpg

I also made a bracket to hold a reflector to hide the sissy bar bolts under the seat...

85_Reflector.jpg

86_Reflector.jpg

I think it looks quite good :nerd:

Glen.

Now, as old OddJob would say,
"That is purely rat-isfying indeed~!"

Well done, Glen. You have built a chariot that any royal princess would adore!

Now, as old OddJob would say,
"That is purely rat-isfying indeed~!"

Well done, Glen. You have built a chariot that any royal princess would adore!

I just hope she likes it, but if she 'adores' it, THAT would be the icing on the cake :nod:

I'm calling it pretty much done. The top tube was always just an 'optional extra' that may or may not get done, and I'm happy enough with the attachment if my other clamp plan doesn't work.

So I'll get some 'final' photos here before boxing it up and then some more when it's reassembled down south... hopefully with Astrid riding it :)

Glen.

Finished.jpg

87_Done.jpg

88_Done.jpg

89_Done.jpg

And with the top tube added...

90_Done.jpg

91_Done.jpg

It’s now dismantled and boxed up ready for transportation down to the South Island.

:banana:

I've taken lots more photos but you'll have to wait until the official end to see them all in the 'finished' section. :p

93_ThatsAllForNow.jpg

Glen.

Ok so now build another one...
I'll miss chasing you in the "views" category
I know it doesn't really mean anything,
but your build and The Wild One are the only ones with 1800 plus views as of today, and no other builds are even close... So with so much time left I'd love to see another build from you.

Carl.

Ok so now build another one...
I'll miss chasing you in the "views" category
I know it doesn't really mean anything,
but your build and The Wild One are the only ones with 1800 plus views as of today, and no other builds are even close... So with so much time left I'd love to see another build from you.

Carl.
**Ahem** **Cough** ** 1466 views** **Been done for over a month** **Cough-cough**

Latest posts

Back