Jokers Wild

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is a China made Schwinn Stingray knock off that I picked up in April last year from a scrap metal place. The springer forks were broken and the overall condition poor, but the frame was straight and useable, so I drug it home and throw it in the stash for a future project. I am currently recovering from shoulder surgery and can't work on it, but did want to establish my intent to build this and I will work on it as I can. 4 months should be plenty of time to recover and get this done.

Looks like one of those 'Bratz' bikes. I got one years ago and did it orange...

SOB.jpg

I'll look forward to watching your build.

Glen.

Welcome in again, Alan! Looking forward to what you are conjuring up.

RaT oN~!

Cool to see another bratz attack.

I have shown the starting point of my build which is one of the "bratz" low rider bikes based on Schwinn Stingray. I'm not "restoring" this back to it's original condition, but rather building a themed customized bike out of it. Would this be appropriate in class 1, or does it need to be moved to class 2?

I have shown the starting point of my build which is one of the "bratz" low rider bikes based on Schwinn Stingray. I'm not "restoring" this back to it's original condition, but rather building a themed customized bike out of it. Would this be appropriate in class 1, or does it need to be moved to class 2?
Unless you are going for replicating a particular original muscle bike with the correct parts, paint and decals, probably best in Class 2. (Let me know if you want it moved.)

Welcome aboard!

Unless you are going for replicating a particular original muscle bike with the correct parts, paint and decals, probably best in Class 2. (Let me know if you want it moved.)

Welcome aboard!
Yes, I was originally going to build a 72 stingray useing original parts where I could, but I decided to build that one early to take to a local show. This disquilified it from being entered here ( it was finished before this build off even started!) So I thought I would build something out of this, but after rereading the rules I realized this doesn't actually fit in class one. So yes, Please move this to class 2.

This is the first one I build, but couldn't enter here because it was built early. My Schwinn "Rat".
Nice work!
Yes, I was originally going to build a 72 stingray useing original parts where I could, but I decided to build that one early to take to a local show. This disquilified it from being entered here ( it was finished before this build off even started!) So I thought I would build something out of this, but after rereading the rules I realized this doesn't actually fit in class one. So yes, Please move this to class 2.
Done!

Looking forward to seeing your plans for the build as your shoulder improves! :thumbsup:

I was able to assemble the parts I collected for this project without much trouble. The only thing I was able to use from the original bike was the frame. The fork came from a Schwinn Lil' Chik that was split in the head tube area. I guess at some point it must have gotten filled with water and froze. Anyway, I cut as much of the crack off and replaced that section from another junk fork. I lost the pictures I took of this so I will post them later if I find them, or take another once I take them back off the bike. Next I needed a chain guard, which came from another Lil' Chick bike. The original chain gaurd brackets on the frame were relocated to mount the Schwinn chain guard in the proper postion. Using the larger front sprocket I have on the bike now just barely gives me clearance for the chain, so I may go back to using one closer to the orginal size. Next will be striping it down to prep it for paint.[url=https://postimg.cc/4YYcbW1k] img]https://i.postimg.cc/c43DpXBg/20181028-153451.jpg[/img][/url]

Actually, I painted the pin stripe color first, then masked it off useing stick on pin striping from the auto parts store and paint the fender the final color. I think it turned out well.

Awesome idea and execution on that fender / pin stripe! I'm going to remember that one.

Actually, I painted the pin stripe color first, then masked it off useing stick on pin striping from the auto parts store and paint the fender the final color. I think it turned out well.
Awesome idea and execution on that fender / pin stripe! I'm going to remember that one.
Great tip!

Latest posts

Back