Beachcomber - Class 2

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Don't know how many of you saw it during the RRBBO, but I took delivery of this AV Customs RAPTOR frame around the end of July.
raptor001.jpg

It's design is so different that it has taken me some time to come up with a style or theme in which to build it. While most musclebikes took their stance and styling from drag racing and choppers, I plan to use the '60s-'70s style dune buggies as my jumping off point. So, banana seat, bright colors, chrome, high-flotation tires and glitter may all find their way into this one.

Yeah, I saw it alright. Amazing frame... very unique indeed. :thumbsup:

Looking forward to seeing what you do with it.

Glen.

Dune buggy?!? As we used to say in the '70s:
MINT ! :113:

I mocked the up this morning with the moped/BMX fork, my old Japanese banana seat pans, and the 24"/26" wheels. It's a good thing that I have a long inseam.
IMG_20181007_092834_384.jpg
IMG_20181007_093338_098.jpg
I have room to lower the rear suspension a bit, and the bottom bracket location is adjustable, too. Looks pretty muscley as it sits, though.

Dupa-Color color effex is an AWESOME clearcoat that has prism dust or (something like that) in it. Brother it looks amazing on everything I've ever sprayed it on. Especially nice on bare metal. Doesn't show the flecks when the light is low, just looks like clearcoat. I know you're thinking bright colors but check this stuff out. Most auto parts stores have it. If you rattle can, I promise you'll love it.

Carl.

Great bike to start with too!

Dupa-Color color effex is an AWESOME clearcoat that has prism dust or (something like that) in it. Brother it looks amazing on everything I've ever sprayed it on. Especially nice on bare metal. Doesn't show the flecks when the light is low, just looks like clearcoat. I know you're thinking bright colors but check this stuff out. Most auto parts stores have it. If you rattle can, I promise you'll love it.

Carl.

Great bike to start with too!
Already have pearls/flake on the way. Planning on something like a '70s panel paintjob.

I was just looking at pics of the mock-up, and re-thinking my plans for a sissy-bar. I had a tall one on a bike with high-rise bars before, and mounting/dismounting always required an excess of forethought and acrobatics. Maybe just a simple crash/grab bar in back is the way to go.

Oh, and in case anybody was wondering, my inspiration for giving this frame the musclebike treatment came from last year's MBBO winner, Twist of Lemon.

I saw a little 'lemon twist' in there when you first posted it. It has a bit of a palm tree leaf look to the frame.

Maybe a name with 'coconut' in it. The rear susp looks a bit like a nut cracker.

'Coconut Cracker'. Painted white.... :21:

That nanner pan looks perfect for that frame.
This is gonna be one wild muscle bike!

Latest posts

Back