The Wild One * 53' Lincoln

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I striped and painted it in a white to lime green metalflake fade a couple years ago for the MBBO#5 and I've always hated it so much! I found it with 20" balloon tires on it and some little cruiser bars. It looked just like a little motorcycle. There's so much potential here for a bike that a young greaser would be proud to roll down the street to the malt shop. I've got to right a wrong. Here it is as I found it...
DSC00951.JPG

here is the blasphemy I created...
A1Lincoln.jpg
this is where I hope to be soon
on it's way to being a bike
MARLON BRANDO would approve of
forkmock.jpg

I will probably be using the og skiptooth sprocket and the 3 speed coaster with the conversion cog on it. My dream for this bike is an awesome functioning wall hanger, since it will definitely be too small for me.

Carl.

Last edited:
Was not that bad in green,just the seat;) Yr Aunty is looking for her duster:D

Ridiculous starting point...
c614399535510aa12dc1de89990512f8.jpg

I'm also knicking a design element from @Funkme and going black and chrome with gold pinstripes.

Carl.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using temporal shifting...

Last edited:
Dude, that lime / ice paint job was pretty much what put you into the final four as a winner of the OddJob's Hottest Hot Rod Award for MBBO #5. And all that shiny chrome...
I'm trying real hard not to cringe....:confused:

I do like your new thought on a tough guy moto bike.

Think of them as step-brothers. :grin:

Hot Rod Lincoln and it's Award (still awesome) is a fixed point in time. Photos will survive to prove it was. But I just never bonded with that bike. So most of the chrome will either remain or be replaced with new. I'm thinking satin black and gold pin striping. Things I'm lacking at this point is a crash rail seat and a 3 speed shifter.

Carl.

Cool little frame and name. It will look good low. [emoji106]
Ya know I was thinking about it and as cool as James Dean is, he wasn't the iconic figure I had in mind. I just couldn't remember the name of the film, The Wild Ones starring Marlon Brando and Lee Marvin. Yeah that's the one I was thinking of.... now, what to put on the license plate???

Carl.

Played an outdoor church revival today and beat the rain by a good half hour. Hit Walmart for goods and sundries and came home to nick an hour out before date nite reconvenes...

First look at my tire stagger, 20x2.3 rear & 20x2.125 on front
and some fun with the back tire for Muscle Spasm.
7b1d5b12a1565f0fc913783d20f605d8.jpg
dc7a76e798aa6e232b8bc328cce89cab.jpg
10535520df145d200089383823885397.jpg
a5fbbb153f7439392b25c947f224714c.jpg
911ef6202ce0f9252b51de9d35a4cc09.jpg

I know I often go skinny front and that's a classic muscle bike look.
But imagine triple trees on there, skinny looks odd with trips.

Carl.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using temporal shifting...

Last edited:
That is going to be one huge tire on that frame:13:
No.
It's the rear tire from my other build, Muscle Spasm.
I'm still waiting for the axle to show up before I can even get a mockup done on the other build...
So I'm waiting on parts again :confused:

Carl.

You're going with a triple tree right? To add to that beefy heavy duty look? I'm thinking a pair of old motocross handlebars would add to this as well.

You're going with a triple tree right? To add to that beefy heavy duty look? I'm thinking a pair of old motocross handlebars would add to this as well.
Yeah I've got the tire stagger covered, and I really don't want a banana seat. So I'm tossing ideas in the air. I've got some bars almost exactly like Marlon's. I also have the springer polo that came with it and a two pan banana... Gotta get the 2 out of 3 rules covered.
6d766d9222923b69ae7d3395ddfe2c0b.jpg

Same type of fork as I had 2 yrs ago (OCC) it's going to be cut down and converted to a threadless headset. Found my old kickstand and crank. Debating between chrome or black full fenders...

Carl.

I dare you to leave that kickstand 'as is'.....:wink1: .

I dare you to leave that kickstand 'as is'.....:wink1: .
That's the original stand and it's back on there already, just not in any photos yet... looking at cutting the forks down today... New pics soon.

Carl.

Latest posts

Back