STYLISH TRASH

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
IMAG0212.jpg

Thank you for the opportunity to be part of this build-off (my first). This has been a lot of fun watching these bikes progress. My objective was to attempt to take one of my favorite bicycle designs and make the rattiest cruiser possible without going overboard. Balance was my focus and to make all of the components compliment each other.

Components used in the build

1935 Monark Silver King Wing-Bar Frame
1947 Monark Super Deluxe Springer Fork (with original maroon paint)
1941 Shelby Speedway Special Wheels (with original maroon paint and white pinstripes)
1963 Schwinn Sting-Ray Wide Ape Hanger Handlebars
Silver King skip-tooth chainring, crank, and chainguard
Prewar Seat, Stem, Pedals and Grips
LUCKY "13" Headbadge (from 100 year old french bicycle)

Last edited:
Cool to see a crusty SK roll across the stage. Very well done wingbar and you nailed your objective with this one. Gotta figure out what to with my wingbar someday.
Congrats!

This is a good d one !
Most guys go the opposite direction on the SK .
I’m digging the worn out rode hard 70 year old look .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
You can't go wrong with a elgin wingbar... just goes to show they look just as good without the shine...

Cool to see a crusty SK roll across the stage. Very well done wingbar and you nailed your objective with this one. Gotta figure out what to with my wingbar someday.
Congrats!
Thanks so much Kingfish! It was a lot of fun. I am very thankful for all of the positive feedback from many members. When is the next build???

There is the one big build off each year...the one just concluded. Then there are the theme build offs...for the last several years there has been the annual Muscle Bike Build Off and the Winter Build Off.

For whatever reason, the Winter Build Off has been cancelled (murdered :grin:), and the MBBO extended a month.

In theory, a build off can be, and has been, started at any time. There are several examples of even two people build offs. Without the implication of official status...participation is on the smaller side.

Jason

Latest posts

Back