RRBBO13 ○〇◯ Holeshot ◯〇○ What... Me Worry? FINISHED Trek CNC Rail Checkered Chopper

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Of course!!!! I hope my plans to chop up the Hot Wheels Rrrrrrever work out

I have had these two led car lights since Flexy in BO7 and have just never found the right bike for them. Back then I thought of using them like a batwing light pair.

headlights.jpg

But separated and stacked I think they will be killer for Holeshot chopper springer lights. The roundness of them is about the same size as the biggest hole on the frame.

Something along the lines of this, but smaller scale.

SpringerCADef.JPG

Of course!!!! I hope my plans to chop up the Hot Wheels Rrrrrrever work out

I have had these two led car lights since Flexy in BO7 and have just never found the right bike for them. Back then I thought of using them like a batwing light pair.

View attachment 80304

But separated and stacked I think they will be killer for Holeshot chopper springer lights. The roundness of them is about the same size as the biggest hole on the frame.

Something along the lines of this, but smaller scale.

SpringerCADef.JPG
What about the big rat?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Where's the pizza pan?

Seat looks cool...thought those Mothra bars were already earmarked for another build..:39:

Looks like you're having fun as usual. Love the rev grip!

The more and more I look at the fin/skirt, I just haven't been feeling it. It's not officially out of the picture, but it's getting there.

Mothra bars will be on Nanner Puddin no matter what, but they are also gonna be on Holeshot. It was never an either or decision. :D Definitely having some fun. Getting a break from work to concentrate on the build.

What about the big rat?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I still have that around the shop somewhere. Dollar Tree special ages ago. I even hung from the back of my very first build BEER RUN (BO6) during a big ride in Savannah just after I finished it.

rat.jpg

I still have that around the shop somewhere. Dollar Tree special ages ago. I even hung from the back of my very first build BEER RUN (BO6) during a big ride in Savannah just after I finished it.

View attachment 80307
You should loosen up and try to get out and have some fun with your bikes.:21:

You should loosen up and try to get out and have some fun with your bikes.:21:

Don't you like the "Buzzed Light" beer can costume I wore? :D And the matching beer mug helmet?

I won best individual costume for $100 at the LBS, then another $100 for best individual lights. It was well worth looking like a fool :D
Plus I had a blast that day!!!

Someone had this pic in their blog from that ride. :D

beerrun2011_09_03C.jpg

That day started off even better! They wanted to display my beer bike at the Savannah Craft Brew Fest, so I got free admission aka FREE BEER.

I rode BEER RUN down to the river and took the ferry over.

beer1.jpg

beer2.jpg

That day started off even better! They wanted to display my beer bike at the Savannah Craft Brew Fest, so I got free admission aka FREE BEER.

I rode BEER RUN down to the river and took the ferry over.

View attachment 80310

View attachment 80311
This is back when I first met this Kwazy Wratter!! My brother forever.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

This is back when I first met this Kwazy Wratter!! My brother forever.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

You got that right brother! I was just scrolling back through my BEER RUN build journal and found this entry from Aug 3, 2011

It is cool how RRBBO#6 makes total strangers "build brothers". I have a biz trip to Philly so Jake Sensei and I decided to meet up for drinks tonight.
We sat in Monk's Cafe Beer Emporium for 5 hours until after midnight talking almost entirely about the bikes in the build off and our experiences with bikes. I had a blast!!! I thanked Jake for being the Build Off Cheerleader/Sensei. The comraderie that Jake showed on the forum was genuine. What an awesome dude!

Cheers to all of my other "build brothers (and sisters)" out there. Raise your glasses high to toast the hard work and hard fun you experienced during this build!!!

As we all sift through the wicked monsters that were built this year and get ready to vote, cue up Edgar Winter's "Frankenstein" and Get To Chillin' - PEACE!​

Painted the seat top with a white base and have been following it up with coats of Rustoleum metallic Pearl Mist. Painting the springs Rustoleum metallic Carbon Mist.

20180720_092401.jpg
20180720_144006.jpg

Vrrrroooooomm Vrrrrrooooommmm
Worked on the internals of the Hot Wheels Turbo Revvin' Rev Grip.
I got everything lined up how it should be, but I broke a speaker wire. Gotta locate my soldering iron now.
Shortened the grip

20180720_140605.jpg

Mounted this nice aluminum grip shift converter that I got as part of my Fugsley trade years ago

20180720_140738.jpg

Looked around at what shifter knobs I had and found this yard sale 8 ball knob

20180720_140851.jpg

This is gonna work well. I plan to mount this unit on the fork top plate between the bars. As you pull down the shifter, the turbo speedo moves, lights up, and makes cool burn out sounds (watch video below).

20180720_141251.jpg

20180720_141241.jpg

Still gotta work out a mounting method, but I have good ideas on that already. Have to solder the speaker wire back. Probably have to go with a lighter shifter knob with this lighter kid stuff. This is gonna be sick. I'm very happy with the cool factor of this doodadery. Gonna be a cool Vrrrroooomdad for Holeshot.

Latest posts

Back