LTJ's new project car build thread: (Changed my mind, doing another DATSUN!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ee5fe1c56ce81d5b9b791147661a411f--nissan-x-nissan-trucks.jpg

I've never been that big of a truck guy, but I've loved those old Datsun/Nissans, especially the offroad racers, since I was a kid. I wish they still made trucks about that size (or even something like the 2nd gen Chevy CK) instead of the giant monstrosities they have today (and with a hose-out interior and long stick shift).

I've never been that big of a truck guy, but I've loved those old Datsun/Nissans, especially the offroad racers, since I was a kid. I wish they still made trucks about that size (or even something like the 2nd gen Chevy CK) instead of the giant monstrosities they have today (and with a hose-out interior and long stick shift).
Yes! Exactly!
Trucks these days seem to be all creature comforts, leather and electronics!

Have not done anything yet on the Datsun aside from fixing the fuel lines so it runs properly from the tank, runs much better now.

Picked up a clutch slave cylinder to put in, hopefully that will make it drive!

Topped up the brake fluid and let it sit for a few days and now the brake pedal seems good, so it might be just a case of finding the leak (probably a rear wheel cylinder, cheap to replace) and bleeding some new fluid through rather than replacing the master cylinder which is around $300 on these...

Tried unsuccessfully to find an airconditioning set up for it, so ended up just buying a complete N13 Pulsar with a/c to pull the unit out of, if I can't fit it under the dash it can go behind the seats under a shelf. A/C is something needed here, we get some crazy temps in summer...

Looks like I can get molded vinyl flooring for it, so will probably be heading that way once I get the rust holes fixed!

I haven't seen one of these on the roads of New England since . . . probably last century no thanks to rust. Glad yours is at the fixable stage—I lost three great cars to rust (one of which was an early '70 240Z).

Well, it took a while, but just took a deposit on the old Morris Major, the guy I had lined up ended up falling through and I never really made an effort to sell it since...

Didn't really want to see it go I guess. :bandit:

I ended up listing it fairly cheap on Facebook and then cherry picked the people who messaged to find someone I thought would do it justice, ended up selling to a lady and her husband, but she is the one who bought it and wants it, fell head over heals in love with the pics and messaged me before even showing her husband!

She told me after we did the deal that as soon as she drove in the gate and saw the car she had already decided it was coming home with them! The husband was keen too, and obviously knows his stuff, checked all the areas rust could be an issue, asked all the right questions, so I am very happy they got it.

Glad to hear it's not just me who vets would-be buyers to make sure a car goes to someone who'll take care of it as much as I did.

Latest posts

Back