PedalCar Wagon Wheel Barrow buildoff discussion

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We were in Ark City a month or so ago. The antique store in the old gas station at south end of town had a couple of old pedal cars in the outdoor storage area. I didn't check prices as I was looking for wagons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yeah i know him i bought a couple bikes from him i saw the pedal cars i may buy one from him eventually next time you are in ark city let me know im not too far from that antique store i literally live across a field from the Arkansas river bike path and always have extra bikes around if you wanna go cruising

well i ht a little snafu with my wagon i was trying to remove it from it's tomb of weeds and upon doing so it fell apart due to rust( ironically the body is supposed to be rust resistant go figure) so now i am either going to be building a form scratch chassis which i have no clue how to do or i am going wihat a pedal car seeing as there is not alot of pedal cars i may go that route just to bring some flavor to the build off i may still use the wagon though to build a bed or trailer with it but i think it s toast good thing we got 3 months lol i am going to the antique store today and going to see what he needs for a pedal car he has and see what i can do i also am trying to work a deal out on a cool one from a.s. boltnut so more then likely my entry will be a pedal car/wagon hybrid with parts from both we shall see what i can do

I still may hop in... the wheelbarrow tub will go on the backburner as what I want to do with it theres not enough time to build it up right with everything else I need to get done around the house this fall so grabbed these today really like the orange one and already have lots of ideas for it the patina is perfect and my second favorite color besides Black :happy:......

This old Sears wagon with Radio Flyer running gear will undergo a makeover with my participation. I've collected some parts, I've sketched out some ideas as they come to mind. Stretched rail chassis with the help of some old bed rails, new oversized wheels, Stone Cold Outdoors trunk, possible headers, recycled wood side rails for starters. I've finished my SAV-WAY FLYER so I'm ready for Sept 1.
8554bb54100a0af3abaf905f66e59bdc.jpg
15414a4e7e90e84d8778f1b4c44fcbe0.jpg
89c761b52808416eb933b0ae0c8c46c1.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Build Challenges might get more traffic, what say RatRod? Either way works for me.
There are at least 3 Facebook forums that dedicated to pedal cars and wagons with no competitions.

Build Challenges might get more traffic, what say RatRod? Either way works for me.
There are at least 3 Facebook forums that dedicated to pedal cars and wagons with

Sounds interesting, happen to have links you might post to those "facebook" forums ?

Rafael

No word from the Chief one way or the other. I'll message a moderator...
Washed and took a pic of what my possible entry will be...
3cbee6ce81627a1df9e4c68d239fa58e.jpg

Fat tire is just sitting in front.
No building yet...
Carl.

Last edited:
Hoping to snare a wagon on my way up or back from the campsite this weekend. Probably a 'post 9/1' entry. Got a line on a ratty one here in the Twin Cities, but no response from CL seller. This looks like fun, and I like the Build Challenge placement for the thread. Thanks for setting this up Carl!

There you go we have a majority. Look for the new build thread here in the Build Challenges forum Sept 1st. Probably have some catchy name like the
PEDAL CAR, WAGON, WHEELBARROW BUILDOFF.
First post will have the rules as discussed here earlier.
Then we can all post pics of what we will be using, and our progress.
Carl.

Just posted my pedal cars /wagons/tricycle
On C list, but I just might pick one out and join in on the fun ?

Latest posts

Back