11:11 FINISHED!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Renaissance Man

__CERTIFIED DIVER__ (Open Water & Open Dumpster)
Staff member
Pro Member
Reaction score
11 11 logo.jpg

It's the eleventh hour, time to go to work.

Day one, stripped down, black paint on the rims and Schwinn Aerovane tires added. The tires just barely fit!
index.php
Put some bars and grips on it, leave it as is, and you are in contention for an OddJob Award for Most Rat-isfying! (if that means anything)

Day two.
The tank is started. Normally I would spend days designing every aspect of the profile until I got something that I liked. Without the luxury of time, I sketched out a few shapes, decided on one and jumped in! I'm making it out of HDU material.

No time to create suspense for the build, so this will have to do for now!:wink1:
11 11 censored.jpg

Last edited:
Can't wait to see what takes shape before the corrugated metal wall. Looks like an awesome rat in the making. So it's like 4 days left? Detect a little TRM zanieness here. Should be fun.

What's HDU material? More goop?

What's HDU material? More goop?
Thanks Chad!
HDU (High Density Urethane) is a substrate used in the sign industry. It's really nice material to carve etc. I always save all of my scraps when making signs with it. This tank is scrap pieces.

Sorry you had to switch from Chris man, but I'm ready to see some Jed Clampett whittlin

efb252af23c80cc2a0c119f6e10d1f2c--beverly-hillbillies-hillbilly.jpg

8qxgJ_f-thumbnail-100-0.jpg

Is that the beginnings of yet another cool trm product line?

Is that the beginnings of yet another cool trm product line?
Nah, it's a one off just for this build. I don't think it would have much appeal to anyone else. It's not very thought out, just making it up as I go along.:rolleyes:

Looks like the HDU holds up to paint pretty well. Compared to, what, lower density foam (?) I've used to build mountains / terrain for miniature villages, etc.

Latest posts

Back