Super Cruiser Restomod

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, the weather here has been crap on a stick. Between the rain and high humidity when it's not raining, I haven't been able to paint.

Anyone else having this issue?
I'm beginning to wonder if I'll be able to get it finished by the 28th.
The paint job, I'm planning, on my build...I can even do it in the rain, if I had to.:smug:

I laugh when I hear people talk about humidity. :113:
Good luck with the painting.

Well you got the frame done, and I absolutely love that color.

I'm not doing a good job with updates on this build, but here's a small one.

Got the rear rack and springer springs painted, and the rear wheel hoop in primer.

3b64a20e18af59dbe8792601fcfe9570.jpg
a3a5ec985b6214c844d382b785fd3ffa.jpg
fbf589ca682b044f10d025caa295d74b.jpg

Since most of the chrome is in bad shape, we decided to paint it.
The color choice for that is Rust-Oleum antique brass metallic.
It'll be used on the rims, bars, stem, crank arm and the nuts and bolts.

daf54c99146ece10c9efae0aff04d2c3.jpg
d717a10dee4c4f56b7fdc7ac47456771.jpg

The color of that spring looks like "instant" patina. That's going to match the red nicely! I would've used that on my build instead of red primer. Better weathered look.

Note to self: Calm down..you are not painting that scooter over..NO

The color of that spring looks like "instant" patina. That's going to match the red nicely! I would've used that on my build instead of red primer. Better weathered look.

Note to self: Calm down..you are not painting that scooter over..NO
Thanks.
When I finally realized he wanted an old looking red, not orange. I instantly thought the accents should be an aged bronze or brass color.
I think it'll all look good together.

Nice color choice for the hardware! I looked at some of those antique Rusto colors last time I was in HD. Spring turned out well.

And in the pic with the door open, it looks like the sun might be shining on you today. That's always a good thing. Especially on 'paint day'.

Nice color choice for the hardware! I looked at some of those antique Rusto colors last time I was in HD. Spring turned out well.

And in the pic with the door open, it looks like the sun might be shining on you today. That's always a good thing. Especially on 'paint day'.
90° with 95° humidity, it rained. But the sun was out a bit.
Just trying to get this thing done by Friday.

I like the metal colors Rust-Oleum has, I saw a pewter color. Might have to try that one day.

I like the paint selection man. I'm gonna have to check out that antique brass metallic sometime.

I won't make the deadline this year. Still a lot to do, and going on vacation til the 7th.
I'll keep updating as I go, but probably won't finish til mid August.

I won't make the deadline this year. Still a lot to do, and going on vacation til the 7th.
I'll keep updating as I go, but probably won't finish til mid August.

:cry:

Yea, unfortunately there's no pill to make bike builds finish on time.:21:

I'm actually more bummed about not getting to finish evolution flyer, but this build did teach me something...

I don't build for other people.
This was the first and last time.

I don't build for other people.
This was the first and last time.
I never did...Never will. Your better off building a bike YOU like...then sell it afterwards.

Have a relaxing vacation!

Enjoy the vacay! Let us know if you post the progress in the Builds section, or just keep this thread going. *I'm old, and don't always pay attention* :bigsmile:

Enjoy the vacay! Let us know if you post the progress in the Builds section, or just keep this thread going. *I'm old, and don't always pay attention* :bigsmile:
This build will probably stay here.
Evolution Flyer will be moved to the build thread. I'll get back to work on it after this is finished, then I can also finish Mercury Rising... One day I might even finish Rebels Cause, who knows.

My hobbies are changing to home built boats and primitive weapons and archery, might be a while for two of those bikes. But still planning to finish the hubless build by spring.

Latest posts

Back