SPITFIRED

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
I bought this 57 Spitfire today locally for $80.

spitfire001.jpg

Yesterday I picked up a Schwinn DX that had some new Felt cruiser wheels and CST tires and decided to install them on the Spitfire tonight. With a little manipulating they actually fit and there's not even any rubbing on the fenders or frame.

spitfirerat_1600.jpg

Going to see if I can come up with a few more tricks in the next 13 days. :bigsmile:

Looking good, but you don't have a strong history of actually finishing your build off bikes. :)

I like where this is going! Did you melt the chain down and make that basket?...Mad Skilz!

I really like that Felt wheelset on there. Is that chrome or polished aluminum?
The Jack Rabbit tire lettering is kinda cool too.
It's a sweet looking rider already!

If you called it done as is I wouldn't be mad...

but I know you and those bearings with be squeaky clean and the paint will be washed with simple green.

Word.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Felt wheels are polished aluminum with 12 gauge spokes.

I got the bike home last night and had been itching to see how the wheel set would look on the bike all day. Within about 30 minutes I was able to test fit them and see that it would work. Rolled it out in the street and shot that photo above.

Not sure that I will do anything to the finish of the bike. Probably just try to remove some dents from the fenders mostly. Biggest goal is to give it a bearing overhaul and make it rideable again. I do have a different set of handlebars that I may try.

This is the vibe I'm shooting for...

DW-1201-SCHD-S6.jpg

Keeping with the rat rod style, I think the original saddle might look more fitting. Love the basket too!

I'm actually planning to ride this bike on a regular basis so that original seat with a giant crack in the middle is pretty close to riding around on a giant metal spike. :eek:

I also hate that style of seat so off it goes! :21:

It's about time RatRod has a RatRod :D.

Latest posts

Back