Prize Pool BUILD OFF 12

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I set this post up in the event anyone wants to donate a prize as in past build offs for any contestant that finishes first second third or even last ect. Its up to you . Post a pic of your prize & what place bike you would like to donate the prize to .Also if your willing to pay to ship the prize outside the US or outside of your home country . This may apply more so for larger size or heavy items. Please note: International shipping can be costly. Smaller size / light weight prizes may be better for that reason. This give away will be done on the honor system .
( Ill put something up as soon as I get a photo of what Ill donate.)

Last edited:
Last year Kingfish was the reigning champion and took the opportunity to revive a tradition of making a first place trophy to pass the mantle to the next winner. Here's a quote from last year's prize pool thread:
In the past, the winner trophy did have it's own build thread and it was usually going on concurrently with the Build Off. I'll see if I can dig them up. Since I got such a late start on your trophy, I sorta co-opped this thread to document the building of it. I hope you (TRM) continue the tradition next year.
So I will honor his request and come up with a "trophy of sorts" for this year's winner. I'm certain that it won't have the complexity that Brian put into his, but I'll try to make something interesting. :39:

Last year Kingfish was the reigning champion and took the opportunity to revive a tradition of making a first place trophy to pass the mantle to the next winner. Here's a quote from last year's prize pool thread:

So I will honor his request and come up with a "trophy of sorts" for this year's winner. I'm certain that it won't have the complexity that Brian put into his, but I'll try to make something interesting. :39:
That's a good tradition. I'm building some trophies... Rat style for a show I've been in... I can probably do another one for some theme tba.

Carl.

I was speaking to a friend in the bike industry out in Fruita the other weekend. He was telling me of a trophy for some event that gets bigger every year. The winner takes it home, adds to it, brings it back to the event the next year bigger and badder, and the next winner does the same...

He was thinking of welding it to the top of a clapped out vw bug or similar abandoned vehicle for next year... and losing on purpose...

keep the rubber side down!

The 'OddJob Award for Most Rat-isfying Rat Rod' will once again be presented to the bikes that give me the most rat-isfaction, according to my own weird rat-ionalizations!

This will be the third consecutive year for the OddJob Award at RRB BO competitions.

RaT oN!

Last edited:
I'll come up with some additional prizes, but my annual Flexy Fifth Place Prize will be this Rat Rod Bikes flat bill cap. It was given to me by @Rebel_56 back in BO10. Sized hats don't do well on my fat melon, so I need to pass this on.

20170611_232430.jpg

Last edited:
I'll add to the prize pool this year with the

"American Vintage Bicycle Supplies Pick Award"

I love original and rust so we will see!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMG_3972.JPG
This is for the FIRST PLACE bike . If your in the USA or PR . I will ship your prizes for free . If your outside the United States. I will ask that you prepay the shipping cost for a International shipping Medium Flat Rate box .( In the event a International bidder passes on the prize due to the shipping cost ) The prizes will be offered to the 2nd place bike.
The prizes are donated in name of my Facebook pages The links are below.

vintage bicycle & antique bike parts auctions

Classic Bicycle Restorations

Old Bicycle Parts For Sale

On Facebook.
This page is set up for anyone wanting to auction off their bicycles and bike parts and it's free to do so.

(I made this page a while back . I'm going to start listing more of my old bike parts I have for sale on this page.)

Special thanks to Kingfish who gave me the seat from in a past build off as a prize I never used the seat so using it as a prize in this build off I figured was the right thing to do.

Last edited:
View attachment 56216 This is for the FIRST PLACE bike . If your in the USA or PR . I will ship your prizes for free . If your outside the United States. I will ask that you prepay the shipping cost for a International shipping Medium Flat Rate box .( In the event a International bidder passes on the prize due to the shipping cost ) The prizes will be offered to the 2nd place bike.
The prizes are donated in name of my Facebook pages
Classic Bicycle Restorations
And
Old Bicycle Parts For Sale

(I made this page a while back . I'm going to start listing more of my old bike parts I have for sale on this page.)

Special thanks to Kingfish who gave me the seat from in a past build off as a prize I never used the seat so using it as a prize in this build off I figured was the right thing to do.
Good idea on the Facebook pages, might have to borrow that idea to sell my stuff.

That said, I'm in for an award on this one.
I think I've said things in this build off are cooler than dangit more than ever, so in the footsteps of my friend @OddJob . I've decided to create the Falstaff cooler than dangit award.

I'll decide which build I personally think is the coolest of the dangit, it'll be a simple prize. A t shirt or decal, something like that.

That's a good tradition. I'm building some trophies... Rat style for a show I've been in... I can probably do another one for some theme tba.

Carl.
I'm not sure what to call it but I'm sending a trophy to the bike that deserved more votes than it got. We all have seen the bike before, the one we know the guy knocked himself out building but gets overlooked by the voting masses. Obviously this will be an arbitrary decision, I may ask for some opinions after the voting is over, maybe not.

Carl.

Just a footnote...42 finishers out of 77 starters
Congrats guys!

Last edited:
There's far to much good stuff this year, I stayed up way to late looking over all the finished bikes.
I have to say there were a few that stood out alot for me though.
An awesome scooter, a sweet ebike, an amazing new tank design, and a simply bad a.. one off custom.
But the one that I personally thought was was coolest, and the winner of the inaugural cooler than dangit award is Project Ed by @American Vintage Bicycle Supply

So congrats Tyler, I'll get the decal out as soon as my vinyl guy gets it cut.

It wasn't an easy decision, but the mix of vintage and modern electric had me from the start.
The others in my top list are all more than deserving, but I could only pick one.

Now I have to wrack my brain for the contest voting.

There's far to much good stuff this year, I stayed up way to late looking over all the finished bikes.
An awesome scooter, a sweet ebike, an amazing new tank design, and a simply bad a.. one off custom.
But the one that I personally thought was was coolest, and the winner of the inaugural cooler than dangit award is Project Ed by @American Vintage Bicycle Supply

It wasn't an easy decision, but the mix of vintage and modern electric had me from the start.
The others in my top list are all more than deserving, but I could only pick one.

Thank you so much! What an honor!

I will display the decal proudly in the shop!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I consider it a WIN just to be mentioned with that group of bikes....Personally I think you made the "right" choice....Thanks for the consideration!

Last edited:
I'll come up with some additional prizes, but my annual Flexy Fifth Place Prize will be this Rat Rod Bikes flat bill cap. It was given to me by @Rebel_56 back in BO10. Sized hats don't do well on my fat melon, so I need to pass this on.

View attachment 53607

Congrats to "BLUESSICAL" Blues Brothers Bike by @StevieZ59 for placing 5th and winning the Flexy Fifth Place Prize. Killer build with awesome levels of engineering, doodadery, style, and humor.

I'll be in touch for shipping info of this Rat Rod Bikes flat bill cap.

a.jpg

Okay as always I will throw in some prizes for the first 4 places. Inbox me yr addresses. I will post up when they are done. handmade items.
A lot of work went into many of the builds,so they deserve a little something.

Latest posts

Back