Evolution Flyer

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm wondering if the tires might take out the variance in that wobble. And, if it's center belt, the middle rim won't affect the roll anyway. This is def an out of the build box kind of idea!

I'm wondering if the tires might take out the variance in that wobble. And, if it's center belt, the middle rim won't affect the roll anyway. This is def an out of the build box kind of idea!
That's what I'm hoping for, as long as it rolls straight enough with tires on I'm happy.

Gonna give it another go today.

Tried again, nothing video worthy.

Tires on.
66b643f28e1aa8e33645fa290c0ca823.jpg

And...
bd332d51f43edc42c17867dd834bda09.jpg

But then it rolls.
8e65765303c01a3d7bf77a6a720d0ec4.jpg

And now.
74c5e305ff1aa8f1abde3538fe8ca3c9.jpg

So, do I just put different pressure in each tire?

I think with my roller placement I can run tubes, but if not it'll still lean with solid tires.

Maybe I should try the single tire idea. This is definitely a learning experience, right now I'm trying to figure out how to weld three rims together and keep them level.

Def watching this. You might have to do something to get a usable gear ratio if you use the center rim as a pulley. Looks like some good head scratching happening here..:39::39::39:

Def watching this. You might have to do something to get a usable gear ratio if you use the center rim as a pulley. Looks like some good head scratching happening here..:39::39::39:
It's definitely a learning experience, I have no idea what I'm doing. Just a vision in my head and a drawing on cardboard.

Looks close, is one side of the tire bead not seated fully, causing a flat spot?

keep the rubber side down!

No, the tires are seated. My driveway isn't level and the alley is dipped. It rolls straight on my garage floor.
I think it'll be fine once I get it mounted in the frame and rollers.
Glad to hear it! Too good an idea to not use!

I like how it narrowly missed the trash can, then kept going and just barely got by the telephone pole. You install mind control device in the hub or....er, wait. It's hubless. That's right.

Looks like you are on a roll...:wondering::bigsmile:

That's awesome! [emoji106] [emoji41]
Even if it sounds like lots of friction...[emoji32]

Gesendet von meinem K00E mit Tapatalk
Thanks, I'm working on a plan to get the noise down. In my head I have two options, I'll try the less expensive of the two first. Can't try either til I get the metal sides cut.

Latest posts

Back