Pinnochio-Done as it's gonna get

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Is there room in here for another Hawthorne? The answer is YES!
This is a frame I got from Dizzle Problems in the swap meet section.
001.JPG

Also in the parts pile is a set of Duro Beach Bum tires that are going onto a set of Worksman drum brake wheels from ind-chuckz.
002.JPG

The tires are billed as 26 x 3.00, but on the Worksman rims they measure 2.5 wide. Looks like they will fit the fork after I slot the axle, and are very close to fitting in back.
008.JPG

010.JPG

Pretty nice set of fenders that I got on a package bike deal. Someone paid to have these rolled, so they are nice and straight. The truss rods probably won't make the cut along with the rear rack.

If you look there's a guy on eBay that cuts new skip tooth gears to fit modern hubs. They are nice I have a couple and could probably dig a link up if you want.

Carl.

Sent from my C6743 using Tapatalk

It's IchiBike. You can buy from his website as well.
Yep. @SlyRed knows. The first one I saw was on a bike he built that I won in a raffle. (Love that bike BTW)

Carl.

Great project! Those are cool tires for sure...too bad they aren't skin-wall and lighter weight.
I have always wondered why tire companies can't list the ACTUAL width of the tire when mounted....One of life's many unanswered questions. Not even a tire manufacturer is willing to answer that question...

Add an other CwC to the mix can't go wrong there . Way to squeeze in the beach bums [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great project! Those are cool tires for sure...too bad they aren't skin-wall and lighter weight.
I have always wondered why tire companies can't list the ACTUAL width of the tire when mounted....One of life's many unanswered questions. Not even a tire manufacturer is willing to answer that question...
They are beefy for sure. The Worksman wheels don't help matters. I had debated on getting some 57mm rims or larger to put these on, but like you, I didn't know how the finished product would measure up.
Sounds like a good idea for a thread. Post Your Wheel/Tire Setup: Rim specs+tire specs=width and height when mounted as well as what frame it is being used on.

That frame has great lines to begin with! Your sketch looks perfect.... A true sex change: Nobody can tell. This is gonna look nice.
Thanks, I'm leaving the head tube long, so some people will be able to spot it. Most everyone will be able to spot my welds. I just have to try to be patient with my 110v flux core welder.

Latest posts

Back