so-cal foose cruiser, llooking for more info on it

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I picked up this so-cal speed shop foose cruiser a few months ago. I dont know too much about it, I have seen some other bikes that use this same frame, a few Nirve kilroys and a few felt "behind the 8 ball" cruisers.

Would anyone happen to have any more info on it?(the only pictures Ive been able to find online of the so-cal foose, are the ones I have posted)

Saw that on my local CL. Definitely a Nirve bike. Not a Felt, their frame like that is distinctly different.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Here's a picture of a Felt Behind The 8 Ball from another thread - http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&p=294077#p297054

This is the early style Felt tank frame. The later Felt tank frame is similar to what you're showing but still different. The Felt cruisers also seem to always use their wide wheels. I don't know what connection Felt and Nirve have or had. The 8-ball graphics are obviously the same design.

Photo0533.jpg

I was hoping to find more info on my bike. If anyone knows, I would like to get that information.

I called nirve a month ago or so. I dont know who I got a hold of, but the man was very informative. I dont fully remember everything he told me(it was a lot of info to take in), but he explained to me something about how felt was nirves european couterpart when the companies started off. But I just called again and whoever was on the phone, said he was pretty new so he didnt know this information.

Im wondering what differences in the frame you are seeing, because I keep looking at the pictures and they look exactly the same to me :shock:

If you look at the black "behind the 8 ball" and my bike, even the chainrings(crank sprocket) are the same.

I have a feeling youre thinking that the felt frames I posted is this style frame?

http://www.bike198.com/wp-content/uploa ... ruiser.jpg

Seems like a mystery on the connection between Nirve and Felt. Felt has their cruiser catalogs all the way back to 2005 on their web site. Maybe contacting them might get results.

First off, Nice ride!

Where to begin...

The bike is definately built by Nirve. It was designed by Foose for So-Cal. The only one I have not been in touch with directly, is chip Foose. According to Nirve, the frame was designed by Foose as well (forgot the year), but they (Nirve) were also using the frame design for some of their other bikes as well, like the early Kilroy's. Anyway, my guess is that this was pre Bethlenfalvy, because around the time he came to Nirve, the frame style changed. Foose also used this frame for his "Burner" bike, which has a Foose headbadge and by some accounts was limited to 500. As far as what i got from So-Cal, and I spoke with the owner; He said that they were thinking of carrying a branded line of cruisers, but for some reason opted not to. He said they only made like 30 of them! And while one of the employees has one, the shop does not. My almost decade long search for my own ended a year ago, after a few failed attempts to buy from several people here on the East coast and the West coast. Your So-cal is only the second out of the 5 or 6 I know to exist, with black rims (the others are white). I thought maybe the other had been customized, as it also had black ape hangers to match. So congratulations! You have a very rare bike!

Mine came from California and was pinstriped and signed by Foose. It was a gift to the owner of an upholstery shop, which did/does work for the Overhaulin series. Let me know if youd like to talk more. Ive been thinking of starting a registry of owners.

Im not sure how to send pics yet but when i figure it out ill send some.

Dom

Hello! I have one of theese bikes but unfotunately is different like the bike above, has white rims a different fork (double, crhrome forks "shock absorber like" but stiff(sorry for my english i'm Hungarian)) and at the back wheel there is a shimano nexus 3... i jus want to know how much it worth and what was the original"configuration" of the bike.... Peace Ropi

So I just ran across this posting. The bike is definitely a Nirve. Unfortunately your bike is missing black bobbed fenders and white rims. I have one that I got directly from Nirve back in the day. The only connection between Nirve and Felt is that a majority of the people left Nirve and formed Felt with Jim Felt. Hope that helps.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
I found this bike on Craigslist, 6 month ago. The girl I bought it from, said her father in law bought it new in Sacramento. I put the front fender, cup holder, & a pair of dual headlights on, the seat, white rims & chrome ape hangers are original.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back