Rat Rod high wheel????

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Leave me alone.....I'm thinking........
11880943_10207411995882016_792600975_n.jpg

Truthfully, there's not a lot that could be done. Except for the front wheel and hub part.One problem is these parts are expensive. Especially the older original stuff. I can get spokes. i can probably roll the rims. RBR makes a bike that wouldn't be terribly expensive. I see broken ones occasionally. not too expensive. i'm knocking some ideas around. It's tough though...

I can imagine one of these being built with a solid tire, like the kind on wheelchair wheels.
That material is sold in rolls, just have to build a wheel. Possibly using a green machine hub.

Or maybe build a smaller version with the green machine hub laced to a 29" rim, and a 12" wheel out back.

Well I know these guys around here to know whatever it is with these guys around here it has to have a tank on it. Have you ever looked at a "King" high wheel? or a "star". I brought this thing home the other day. It's a kind of lever drive built on a road bike. Takes away the necessity for a round crank with conventional pedals.
DSCN0758.JPG
DSCN0764.JPG

This is gonna be fun!

Rbr makes a smaller 28 inch wheel version. They are kinda fun to play around on and really inexpensive

If you can make the wheel, maybe make it offset like the Ingo bike, only on the front wheel. Then there's no cranks to worry about, just solid mounted foot rests.

ingo_men_A-450x422.jpg

That would probably qualify as rat. :bigboss:

If you can make the wheel, maybe make it offset like the Ingo bike, only on the front wheel. Then there's no cranks to worry about, just solid mounted foot rests.

ingo_men_A-450x422.jpg

That would probably qualify as rat. :bigboss:
I've thought about building an ingo style scoot, but I don't know if the frame was mild steel or spring steel.
I'd think mild steel would break after a while.

Latest posts

Back