S.E. REGIONAL VINTAGE BICYCLE SWAP MEET GA. 3/04/17

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
1ST ANNUAL VINTAGE BICYCLE SWAP MEET in N.E. GEORGIA .................
IN CONJUNCTION WITH A VERY LARGE MONTHLY AUTOMOTIVE / MOTORCYCLE SWAP MEET !!
........ (
KNOWN AS THE NE GA AUTOMOTIVE SWAP MEET)
<><> DEDICATED AREA FOR US WITHIN THE SWAP MEET THAT DRAWS 250 VENDORS ON AVERAGE
<><> BICYCLES ARE ALLOWED TO BE RIDDEN AT THIS MEET ! (UNLIKE MANY OTHER AUTO SWAPS)
<><> PLEASE SEE THE ATTACHED FLYER FOR MORE DETAILS >>>>>>
<><> LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE AT LEAST 75% SURE THAT YOU WILL MAKE THIS EVENT .....
.........( I need to figure out how much space to block - off for the Vintage Bicycle Vendors)
<><> FAIRLY CONVENIENT FOR COMING FROM THE CAROLINAS, TENN., ALA
<><> PLAN NOW! ........ IT'S ONLY 8 WEEKS AWAY !! HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE !!
<><> THIS EVENT GETS TONS OF EXPOSURE AND SPECTATORS WHO COME TO SPEND $$

Screen shot 2017-01-05 at 9.43.43 AM.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Where in Georgia is this event.

Hello Mike,
This is in Commerce GA about 45 miles NE of Atlanta and 30 miles from the SC state line. Exit # 149 on I-85
Were you able to open the attachment ??
More specific details are there if you can click on, and open that. Let me know if any more questions can be answered. Hope you can make it ! Thx! CCR Dave

Last edited by a moderator:

I think a flyer was there but I didn't see the location. I live in Dahlonega so this should be a no brainer for me. I got in this site through Snapchat but it's not real user friendly. Site to figure out plus a crap load of ads and wanting me to upgrade!
There's a bike swap 2/4/17 in charlotte I was gonna attend but commerce will be better.

Thanks for the info.
Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think a flyer was there but I didn't see the location. I live in Dahlonega so this should be a no brainer for me. I got in this site through Snapchat but it's not real user friendly. Site to figure out plus a crap load of ads and wanting me to upgrade!
There's a bike swap 2/4/17 in charlotte I was gonna attend but commerce will be better.

Thanks for the info.
Mike

I also saw the Charlotte Swap meet listed on Craigslist for 2/04/17 and the GOOD News is that, this swap meet in Commerce is 4 weeks later on 3/04/17 !! SO, just maybe you could attend BOTH -- that is what I hope to do.......
I will try to attach the IMAGE of my flyer here now so make it easier to see >>>>
The Commerce swap meet is at the Atlanta Dragway and is part of a very large, established Swap Meet that is ongoing Every Month - year around-- on the 1st Saturday of the month.
I've been going to this Automotive Meet for many years and have sold numerous Rat Rod Bikes there for the Car Show Guys who love to take them to Big Car events like Pigeon Forge, TN

Attachments

• VINTAGE BICYCLE SWAP MEET MARCH 4 2017 ver.1.8 (1.02.17).pdf
    431.7 KB · Views: 332
Oh, I gotta try and make it to this one!

Dr. T
I'm looking forward to seeing you there! I've been in contact with a few people we know from N.C. and Ala who are also making the trip to this event. I believe the turn out will be great. Soon I will be getting active on promoting this on Craigslist as well. I set-up about 6 times a year at Commerce with 5-6 Vintage Bikes and usually sell 75% of what I take. A vendor who sells mostly automotive stuff brought a 1915 Pope Bike to the Swap Meet back in Fall and it sold immediately ... before I realized it was there. I KNOW the buyer got a smokin' deal on it. (I saw it ondisplay by the "New Owner" and the guy was stoked ! )
It's ONLY 8 weeks away ! See you soon! CCR Dave

I'm hoping to make it to this, I'm looking forward to bumping into more RRBers. Tyler's swap meet was a blast, getting to meet so many bike people was great.

Josh I hope you can make it !! The variety of goods you brought to Powder Springs In Nov. was great! I want to look through all those NOS small parts again !! I think I missed some stuff last time ..... it's going to be a good turnout ..... Thanks for the note!
CCR Dave

I'm glad you liked it, but I'll be a spectator this time around. I don't have enough left to be worth it.

Josh -- looking forward to seeing you there either way! BUT I'm sure you must have some goodies left ;) Pack up a few things to help pay your gas for the trip. You had tons of goods at Powder Springs -- can't believe that's all gone already ..... but see you there either way :thumbsup:
CCR Dave

Bump, hope to see everyone there that was at the Charlotte show. Dave has been doing a great job putting this together and it should be a great event. Great location at the Atlanta Drag way, easy to get to off of Interstate 85. A perfect location for anyone in the Southeast to attend, pack your stuff and be there!:113:

UPDATE !! This Event is less than 4 weeks away ......... and I need to BLOCK-OFF a designated area WITHIN this Larger Monthly SWAP MEET for all of us Vintage / Classic / Muscle / Rat Riders !!

I just returned home from the CHARLOTTE Event that was hosted and organized by the Hurricane Coasters !! (FANTASTIC EVENT!!)
While there... I passed out about 30-40 Flyers and I did get some commitments from the NC and SC folks to come down !!
I know of numerous GA folks that are coming, some ALA folks I've heard from and some TN folks too !

SO FAR .......I feel confident with folks I've talk to ........ I'm getting COMMITMENTS about 25-30 Vintage Bicycle VENDORS
BUT >>>> I feel there are a lot more coming that I have NOT heard from.

I've got an AREA right now Blocked-Off for about 40 of us Vintage Vendors ! BUT I can go BIGGER if I can hear back from some more of you that are planning to come but have not chimed-in. THERE IS NO LIMIT ---- BUT I'm trying to keep us all together in a centralized location.
(remember there are 200-250 Automotive/ MotorCycle/ Signs/ Petroleum /Tools Vendors that will ALSO be present.

This Event has ROWS that accommodate about 10 Vendors per row (unlimited space) and I now am holding 4 ROWS (about 40 vendors)
Vintage Bike Vendors will NOT be without a spot no matter what -- BUT keeping us together takes some FORECASTING

PLEASE -- give me a PM or reply HERE if you are 50% or better chance you are coming!! $20 for ALL the SPACE you want
***** Spectators / BUYERS only $5.00 to enter ( and BRING your BIKE to ride around the grounds !)

Looking forward to hearing back from you, AND seeing you here !! CCR Dave

Bump, hope to see everyone there that was at the Charlotte show. Dave has been doing a great job putting this together and it should be a great event. Great location at the Atlanta Drag way, easy to get to off of Interstate 85. A perfect location for anyone in the Southeast to attend, pack your stuff and be there!:113:

Thank you, Sprocket (Chuck) !!
Yes folks --- that Charlotte Event was BURSTING at the seams !! And it is FEB ! WOW ......
And YES -- I did pass out about 40 Flyers to the Charlotte Crowd (for the Georgia Meet) and I know some WILL make the trip down (about 2 1/2 Hours from Charlotte) The Charlotte Event had about 5 of us Georgia Guys there, plus many I met from SC and at least 1 from VA
My point is that I drove 3 1/2 hours for that Hurricane Coasters Event and I know for a fact I will do it again every meet! (Well worth it!)
I believe that this Commerce GA Event MArch 5th will be a Start to a Very Popular Annual (possibly Bi-Annual) Meet, as well.
Hope to see you there! CCR Dave :thumbsup:

For sure making this!! Dang, how many dudes here in GA? I know there is someone really local to me, as they snagged those 2 classics at the flea market last weekend ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530A using Tapatalk

For sure making this!! Dang, how many dudes here in GA? I know there is someone really local to me, as they snagged those 2 classics at the flea market last weekend ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530A using Tapatalk

This Monthly Swap Meet is getting more Vintage Bikes show up all the time! I'm amazed at how many "Car Guys" that have quite a collection of Vintage Bikes that they bring and normally sell thru well. I hear that the Pigeon Forge Car Shows are getting many car guys that are taking Vintage bikes to cruise around on because the area is too large to walk. Some guys that have old trucks show the bikes strapped in the bed as part of their show display.
I'm glad you are coming and thank you for the reply!!
I will have a map included in this post shortly so you'll know where the 4 ROWS (bout 40 spaces) where we will be set up.
See you bright and early on the 4th!!
Cheers! CCR Dave

Latest posts

Back