(MBBO#5 Class 2) Sassy

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

metalchewy

For the love of the Ride 🚲 🔥
Pro Member
Reaction score

Video:

Build thread:
http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/100175/

Started the build as a girls cruiser frame and a banana.

White paint dusted with a bit of nickel flake.

Converted to a mens 10 speed muscle bike with disc brakes, 80mm wheels.

Apes with bright yellow grips and a layed back bananna seat.

Custom made brackets for the disc brakes.

Guard with a touch of leather.

Widened springer front end with shortened crown and spring. Widened custom built crank for clearance.

10 speed Shimano deore drivetrain.

It has come a long ways.

Hope for your vote.

Last edited:
Great work MC! The transformation is unreal. Glad you posted pics of the before, I had completely forgotten how far this had come. You really took this build over the top. Just getting that frame to accommodate those wheels / tires was a huge (pun intended) task! Custom cranks, front end mods, brake mounts .... :41:
Nice job on the final pics. I really like that one 3rd from the end....

Classy sassy for sure ! Clean bike . Love that drive train with disc brake , twisted fork & FAT tires .[emoji1303][emoji1303][emoji95]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great stuff! So hard to remember this is a 26"+ bike, the proportions are just spot on!

Luke.
Yes, a custom 26+ at the dimensions of a 20". Early on, I would take a picture if it and think it was a 20" with 2.35s on it..

These tires fully inflated to 35psi, sit a hair under 29".
Really like this one[emoji106]:cool2:[emoji106]:41:
Thanks KJV it has been a fun build and i plan to enjoy the results fully!

Now it has 15 miles on it, I am planning a downhill run this weekend, I want to see if i can top 35 mph on the trail from the summit down past boulder city to lake mead.

Great work MC! The transformation is unreal. Glad you posted pics of the before, I had completely forgotten how far this had come. You really took this build over the top. Just getting that frame to accommodate those wheels / tires was a huge (pun intended) task! Custom cranks, front end mods, brake mounts .... :41:
Nice job on the final pics. I really like that one 3rd from the end....

Thanks OddJob, i appreciate it.

Yes, there werent a lot of tools except armstrong and pullman in the widening of the frame. A bit of hammering on the chainstays after i had the cross supports cut out. But most of the pulling and bending, including the rake adjustments were done by hand.

That crank was a surprise, and had to find a solution. Had planned the chainline perfectly, but the backside whacked the stay... Seat post also was collapsed down and welded to get that bend.

I actually went out for pics twice yesterday, because the first was before the rain and the pics were not looking good. Got a cool tunmel vid on the first (see the emd of the build thread). On second run after the rain I took two sets. One at the top of the run, and one as the sun went dowm on the other side.

Classy sassy for sure ! Clean bike . Love that drive train with disc brake , twisted fork & FAT tires .[emoji1303][emoji1303][emoji95]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks G-Matt, i appreciate it. I like that, 'Classy Sassy' rounds out the name.

Thanks 1HP

It sure is a smooth runner. I took a vid between the pic spots, first pic at the top taken just past the road crossing. The sundown shots were at the far end just past where I turn around in this video.

Bike is a beast! Amazing considering what you started with - I didn't see it when you laid those frames out early on. I was very skeptical. Nice vision and great work.

furyus

Bike is a beast! Amazing considering what you started with - I didn't see it when you laid those frames out early on. I was very skeptical. Nice vision and great work.

furyus
Thank You Furyus! The vision changed a little as I figured how to widen it. You were partially right, Original vision, bent seat post, 20" rear tire, and all, didnt quite make it. [emoji48]

Cool chunky stance on this one.
Congrats!

I love how you laid that seat post back and stuffed the banana seat right down on top of that fat tire. Looks great!
Thanks bikebuilder. I had to 'finesse' it to fit down over the post like that.

Added a pedal stand to go with the brake strap I made.

And a slightly different riew view.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back