(MBBO #5 Class II) Four-gone Conclusion...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It works really well! It's all leverage. You turn the flat handle which causes the two steel rod holders to slide past one another and the isometric pressure pushes the frame stays apart. He had like a dozen of these at the swap. If anyone is interested, I could try to get a hold of him and buy up some more and ship them out.[/QUOTE]

I can use one of these handy little tools also. I first thought it was a variation of a solid tire spreader for old tricycles.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It works really well! It's all leverage. You turn the flat handle which causes the two steel rod holders to slide past one another and the isometric pressure pushes the frame stays apart. He had like a dozen of these at the swap. If anyone is interested, I could try to get a hold of him and buy up some more and ship them out.

I can use one of these handy little tools also. I first thought it was a variation of a solid tire spreader for old tricycles.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
I'm progressing on my getting contact info for the guy who had these for sale. Hope to have some soon! I'll put you on the list.

Fall is coming on hard here in the northland. Below freezing the past few mornings.

My builds are done, but I've been working for a couple days on this MBBO#5 OddJob Award...will be given out to the "Hottest Hot Rod(s)". Still waiting for the lettering and the finishing touches. Some old commemorative small license plates that I sanded, primed, and flamed....OddJob style!

Now, get to buildin' and see if you can win one!
oddjobawardmbbo.jpg

Great build OJ! Finally catching up on the MBBO builds.
I like that shifter and the tiny chainring too.

Inspired by our Fall colors, and the hot rod nature of our Muscle Bike Build Off; I present the OddJob Award for Hottest Hot Rod! Using my own scale for what's hot and what's not, I will award 4 lucky builders with this custom BACK40 designed license plate.
Suitable for hanging on your shop wall, or off the back of your 'naner seat!

20161017_130454.jpg

And, this might just be my final photo...

View attachment 35024

What a superb job on this OJ
and that IS a great pic...it pops in front of the earthy tone brick and stone.
and chrome furnace duct tape too? Now that's an idea worth stealing...ummm...I mean admiring.
You nailed it on this build.
two thumbs up
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

franco

We finally hit the end of our heat wave here but it's still in the 60s. Supposed to cool down though. Was mid 80s most of the week.

Cool Truck! When you heading back out to the desert?

We finally hit the end of our heat wave here but it's still in the 60s. Supposed to cool down though. Was mid 80s most of the week.

Cool Truck! When you heading back out to the desert?
The desert is calling, Chad. Didn't get out of the 40's here today. We leave right after Christmas...time will fly by till then!

Hmmmm, interesting!
It seems 10 Waldo characters like your bike enough to jump in the pic!

View attachment 36328

Luke. (I love Paint.net!)
Well, I've looked it over twice now Luke, and only found 9....let's see if anyone can find all 10! Aren't those leaves amazing? In my neighbor's yard, I just parked the bike next to the curb and shot from an above angle.

Well, I've looked it over twice now Luke, and only found 9....let's see if anyone can find all 10! Aren't those leaves amazing? In my neighbor's yard, I just parked the bike next to the curb and shot from an above angle.
There is only 9, I just wanted to see if anyone 'claimed' to see all 10! :21:

Great leaves, and great photo!

Luke.

Just in case some of you were worried about my recent 'shiny syndrome'....I spent all day in The BACK40 and it's back yard making things rusty. New, old, build in the works. One of these rims was shiny at the beginning of the day....
20161105_141519.jpg

And this seat is right up my alley...needs a custom fabric pad, leave the rest as is...
20161105_141537.jpg

20161105_141542.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back