(MBBO#5 Class 1) deterioRat

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man that is King Crust
I never heard of the Gibbs penetrant you mention Furyus
are you sanding off or grinding off some of the chunkies and then applying the gibbs....or just hitting it with the oil and leaving it??
This should be very cool...I like it
:thumbsup:
franco

Thank you, Franco. You and Kildare are humbling me.

The only place I've removed any rust is inside the wheels, and that only because I didn't want my inner-tubes getting roughed up. Otherwise just bathing it in Gibbs (try some today!).

Here's a sissy bar clamp I installed this evening. Not the sharpest pic, but I dig the colors.

progress1.jpg

furyus

Received this in the mail today. Is this cool or what?

ODDER1.jpg

An original by RRB's own ODDER. It's like I'm getting a trophy already. What a righteous surprise.

Of course, what was inside the box was cool, too. Rus-tastic!

ODDER2.jpg

These bits have been patiently aging for years just for this moment.

Hat tip ODDER. Thanks man.

furyus

Last edited:
Digging the @ODDER art....might have to odder, er, order something from him.
Any pictorial updates on your build, poetry man?

Still scrounging aka sandbaggin'.

furyus

Received this in the mail today. Is this cool or what?

View attachment 36663
An original by our RRB's ODDER. It's like I'm getting a trophy already. What a righteous surprise.

Of course, what was inside the box was cool, too. Rus-tastic!

View attachment 36664

These bits have been patiently aging for years just for this moment.

Hat tip ODDER. Thanks man.

furyus
Glad you liked it man. I love drawing junk on packaging it's kinda fun to see who sees it along the way. One of the guys in the Wichita mail sorting center started commenting on my box drawings on instagram. So I sent a package to my friend in California with some "art" giving a nod to the postal service. My friend then looked up the postal worker and sent the package to him. That was pretty neat. Sorry to detail your bike thread. Carry on. ~ODDER

That package is killer!
I'd frame that sucker and hang it in the shop.

What do you need? I just might have it.
I did need a raleigh chopper sissy bar, but bit the bullet already and ordered it. I'm a sucker for unusual 70's bicycle accessories. Think I have everything I need for my current build. I'm just waiting by the mailbox with my fingers crossed that everything gets here in time with some to spare for assembly.

Rear wheel finished. DeterioRated tire is from August of '67.

rw1.jpg

rw2.jpg

rw3.jpg

rw4.jpg

furyus

Last edited:
Got the front wheel done. It's a beautiful thing.

westwind1.jpg

Like the rear Slik, the Westwind is Made in USA. You know it. I know it. Now everyone knows it.

usa1.jpg

Hope to get a bit more done this weekend.

furyus

Lovely fall Saturday afternoon. Getting something done.

Head badge is in remarkable good shape considering how rough the rest of the frame is. Original? Swapped out at some point?

saturday1.jpg

Doesn't fit in. Installed different, more appropriate badge.

saturday2.jpg

Headset and gooseneck installed.

saturday3.jpg

The Light of Day...

saturday4.jpg

furyus

Latest posts

Back