show your Spaceliners!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lil better pic.

20161001_124643.jpg

Made some changes to my spaceliner. Found a new rear tire, had to remove fenders to get it to fit. Tire barely fits. Reversed the front end pivots. swapped out the chain ring. 60's era handle bar. Rides quite a bit different. Sure has a different look.
DSC_0430-X2.jpg

Pic before changes

photo-L.jpg

Last edited:
just picked up my first spaceliner after 4 plus years of waiting mine is a 1964 a few parts are not original but im ok with that im not a purist i just want it to look sweet it needs some love but man what a great cruiser will post more pics when i clean herup and give her the heartland magic touch the pic is what the previous owner sent me but it looks the same
16358498_943289509139019_1008697494_n.jpg
16295677_943289669139003_1799275829_n.jpg

well since i sold space liner 1 here is space liner 2 i dub the reaper flipped front rockers skull tank ornament and bare metal seat covered in a bandanna and of course ape hangers wheels from my old huffy rear tire is a cheap smoothie slick
DSCF1360.JPG

Made some changes to my spaceliner. Found a new rear tire, had to remove fenders to get it to fit. Tire barely fits. Reversed the front end pivots. swapped out the chain ring. 60's era handle bar. Rides quite a bit different. Sure has a different look.
DSC_0430-X2.jpg

Pic before changes

photo-L.jpg
i was going to ask if you had handling issues i noticed when i flipped the pivots on mine the front likes to pull a bit but man it looks cool and is a small price to pay for the look

Man i dig the spaceliners and their various cousins. That 5 bar frame really gets to me. I have been looking for some time, hoping the right one will fall out of the sky. Thought I might have found one outside of Nashville, a Murray Solar Flite, but dude won't answer calls or texts so i wonder if he put in wrong phone number on his listing since it has been up for about 2 months. Still, i will find one at some point. I like the frame original, custom, and ratted. Just a smooth frame that looks fast no matter what. I am really enjoying seeing what all you guys are doing with them.

Man i dig the spaceliners and their various cousins. That 5 bar frame really gets to me. I have been looking for some time, hoping the right one will fall out of the sky. Thought I might have found one outside of Nashville, a Murray Solar Flite, but dude won't answer calls or texts so i wonder if he put in wrong phone number on his listing since it has been up for about 2 months. Still, i will find one at some point. I like the frame original, custom, and ratted. Just a smooth frame that looks fast no matter what. I am really enjoying seeing what all you guys are doing with them.
i agree their awesome frames but im told the welds are not the greatest on them bu they do look cool plus i like the chrome ones best these ae what made me want one for 5 years

I just entered the Space Race. Woohoo! Somebody sprayed the handlebars, stem, and the rack a grey/silver color that I will probably have to address fairly soon. Looks to have the remnants of red paint on the front forks. Saddle cover is mostly black tape. But it does have a Sears AllState Safety Tread front tire.
spaceliner.jpg

i agree their awesome frames but im told the welds are not the greatest on them bu they do look cool plus i like the chrome ones best these ae what made me want one for 5 years

That's why you take this broke down Flightliner...

d844fa61cf09b1e623a87d7ad3bc8c35.jpg

And make one of these...

700e3d5fd8e996c70c545eb2f35e8f94.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back