Time to head south

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The middle of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
The Marquette County Road Commission has the Snow plows out. This is the second one I saw today. It is an impressive site at dawn to see one of these screaming along on the highway throwing snow 30 feet into the air. Texas sounds good.
unnamed.png

I went for a 12 mile single track night ride last night with 9 others from our bike club. It snowed for the whole ride, which was good because if it was rain we would have gotten wet. I was dressed perfectly, my glasses didn't even fog up. I wore shorts, 2 spandex T shirt, flannel shirt and a snowboard helmet with attached headlight. I hope we can do this some more before we get deep snow.

Come on down...sunny and mid 80's today. :)

P.S. I lived in Midland, Mi for 8 years as a kid...I know your pain. :bigsmile:

It's been raining here for two days and I'm already gettin cabin fever .

Come on down...sunny and mid 80's today. :)

P.S. I lived in Midland, Mi for 8 years as a kid...I know your pain. :bigsmile:

It snowed again when I went for a night ride Friday but now it is warm. They are predicting 59 tomorrow (Tuesday) and 57 for Wednesday. I can't remember it being this warm in October. About 20 years ago and again about 10 years ago we had a warm snap in November but not the steady warmth we have been having. It would be weird to go deer hunting November 15 in tennis shoes and a flannel shirt, but it could happen.

Latest posts

Back