(MBBO#05 Class II) My Generation (DONE, w/ wheelie pics)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DSCN2208.jpg
That Jerald looks awesome on the back of that thing!

Luke.

Enjoying watching where this one is going. It's already one of my favorites for this style frame! Keep going!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So, the bottom brake issue figured out. Modified the caliper. Normally use the supplied dished spacer. Eliminate the spacer and use a Dremel to dish the caliper
mount. Perfectly centered now.
DSCN2209_1.jpg

DSCN2210.jpg

DSCN2212.jpg

So, the bottom brake issue figured out. Modified the caliper. Normally use the supplied dished spacer. Eliminate the spacer and use a Dremel to dish the caliper
mount. Perfectly centered now.
DSCN2209_1.jpg

DSCN2210.jpg

DSCN2212.jpg
Nice thinking!

Luke.

I did a little bit of cleaning before I headed off to work today. The shifter housing was a bit crusty looking. Goo-Gone took care of the 49 year old decal residue and Autosol metal polish cleaned up the chrome. It still has some scuffs but looks a lot better.
DSCN2218.jpg

DSCN2220.jpg

I did a little bit of cleaning before I headed off to work today. The shifter housing was a bit crusty looking. Goo-Gone took care of the 49 year old decal residue and Autosol metal polish cleaned up the chrome. It still has some scuffs but looks a lot better.
DSCN2218.jpg

DSCN2220.jpg
Wow! that came up nice! :113:

Luke.

Those of you that are using this type of shifter I should point out something on the bottom of the housing. You may or may not know that the two divots on this cross section are used to secure the two brake cables for the rear double calipers.
DSCN2221.jpg

There are a couple of different things going on with this picture.
1. The shifter rods are bent and the handles broken. The fix for the broken handles is a pair of foosballs.
2. Top and base coat colors. The purple looks better than the picture can show.
DSCN2222.jpg

Here are my choice of seats. I think I'll wait until the frame is painted to make a decision on that.
DSCN2223.jpg

Last weekend I tore down the bike and chemically stripped the paint off. Today I hand sanded the frame and fork down to bare metal and cleaned the frame with Xylene. I'm hoping the weather stays nice tomorrow so I can get some color on it. Where are we at... 33 days to go?:eek:
DSCN2228.jpg

So, I woke up and checked the weather. 72*, humidity 64% just a bit over optimum conditions but since I'm painting in direct sun it should help. Wiped down the frame and fork with Acetone and got it done.
DSCN2229.jpg

Base coat.
DSCN2231.jpg

Red.
DSCN2232.jpg

Purple on and in the house to cure.
DSCN2233.jpg

Wow ! Beautiful !:43: i know how hard it is to do shades with metalcast, especially on round tubes , you nailed it :41::praise:

I finally decided on the name, My Generation. I also couldn't resist throwing on some parts. I'm building this off the stand because I don't want to mess up the paint. I also decided to go with the purple seat. It is a close match to the color on the bike.
DSCN2234.jpg

Latest posts

Back