Class Percentage

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
50 builds going on as of today.
16 class one builds, 34 class two builds.

Guess I'd better up my game (I always try to anyway...) I think it's tougher to score complete parts for the muscle bikes and that leads to the percentage of the split leaning towards class two. But with practically no rules and a number of custom frame builders, I think class two is the tougher class. Sky's the limit and there are more competitors!

Carl.

I think class two gets more people because it's cheaper??? and easier. Plus its almost a blank slate.

Class one requires specific parts, paint, accessories.

I'm more of a leave the collectables/valuables original, customize the rest kind of guy.
I would go in class 1 if I found something worthy of it, But in this area it's mainly bmx's :(

I almost did a "muscle" build for the RRBO, but ended up going somewhere else. Now I'm too lazy/busy/preoccupied to do it now. I guess I have no class. :rofl:

Hmm, this goes 'til December, doesn't it. :39:
:grin:

I almost did a "muscle" build for the RRBO, but ended up going somewhere else. Now I'm too lazy/busy/preoccupied to do it now. I guess I have no class. :rofl:

Hmm, this goes 'til December, doesn't it. :39:
:grin:
Dec 1st!
I would go in class 1 if I found something worthy of it, But in this area it's mainly bmx's :(
I'm in the same boat, hard to find old muscle here, and when you do they want too much money and they have the wrong parts on them, finding the right parts is super expensive...

If I wanted to restore a long frame Malvern Star Dragster, I would be up for $500 for the base bike, probably another $500 in parts and another $500 in chrome... Just doesn't add up for me when I can build something crazy for far less...

Luke.

Latest posts

Back