~CL scores ~

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A.S.BOLTNUT

He who dies with the most toys ,still dies No Fear
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
While scrolling through craigslist spotted my Ole Spaceliner
I built about 5 year ago for a decent price so decided to go
Win it back , nice to have it home again, while there I couldn't
Resist this late 40's early 50's big badged 24" Schwinn, with
A original springer, also with some Purdy cool components
Add such a nice Sturmey Archer front drum brake , 5 spd rear
Cassette, shimanno rear and front derailers, and a odd oval shaped front 3 chain ring up front and some cool lil ape hangers, I'll most likely remove all the cables and put on a coaster 24" set of wheels since the wheels on it now are 26".

20160908_091337.jpg

20160908_091241.jpg

20160908_091155.jpg

20160908_092119.jpg

20160908_092150.jpg

20160908_092142.jpg

20160908_092134.jpg

20160908_092129.jpg

That is a sweet looking liner! Cool to see you got it back

Nice grab! That's a biopace chain ring setup. I had one way back when, but I was skinny so I don't know if it made a difference.
Here's quote about them:
"The theory is that during the power stroke, when the cranks are more or less horizontal, you are using the power of your legs to accelerate your feet, which get going quite fast in the lower gear provided for that part of the stroke. The momentum of your feet then carries the pedals through the "dead spot" when the cranks are near vertical. Since the rider doesn't push as hard during the power phase of the stroke, and motion is slower when the leg is changing direction, the Biopace design is gentler on the knees than even round chainwheels."

Rafael, you probably already know this, but that 24" springer might be your steal of the deal brother.
I believe they were used on Krates! It could bring some nice $$$

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes Sir "Doc" that springer was what called to me on that bike , plus I've been lookin for another 24" cantilever Schwinn for a while .
Good call !.

Nice grab! That's a biopace chain ring setup. I had one way back when, but I was skinny so I don't know if it made a difference.
Here's quote about them:
"The theory is that during the power stroke, when the cranks are more or less horizontal, you are using the power of your legs to accelerate your feet, which get going quite fast in the lower gear provided for that part of the stroke. The momentum of your feet then carries the pedals through the "dead spot" when the cranks are near vertical. Since the rider doesn't push as hard during the power phase of the stroke, and motion is slower when the leg is changing direction, the Biopace design is gentler on the knees than even round chainwheels."

Your right "Wildcat " that bike was build by a good friend of the previous owner and he told
Me what he knew about the bio pace chain ring I feel a slight change when I ride it but not much , I'm not a fan of gearing and cables , so will most likely change all that
And find someone who could use those components.

Here's quote about them:
That's so e really good Information.....I'll be looking good for these from now on. Now, I'm not a Schwinn or 24" guy, but phew, this is one really cool ride.....I might even consicer building one!
Bart

That's so e really good Information.....I'll be looking good for these from now on. Now, I'm not a Schwinn or 24" guy, but phew, this is one really cool ride.....I might even consicer building one!
Bart

Hey "BARTO" if it's the gearing set up your referring to? I can be easily talked out of this
One .

~ Rafael ~

Hmmm, maybe, trying to sell a few items now so that I can purchase a 40's Colson fastback. I know you bought a tank from bikes and busses sometimes ago....one of the coolest tanks there is....if my Hawthorne sells, I'll hit your up. What do you think you want for the setup?
Bart

Hmmm, maybe, trying to sell a few items now so that I can purchase a 40's Colson fastback. I know you bought a tank from bikes and busses sometimes ago....one of the coolest tanks there is....if my Hawthorne sells, I'll hit your up. What do you think you want for the setup?
Bart

I'm easy , we'll talk...

~ Rafael ~

Latest posts

Back