(MBBO#05 Class 2) GET SMART!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lots of good suggestion y'all! Thanks!

20 x 1.5 Vee Rubber Baldy on eBay
20 x 1.5 Schwalbe Tryker on eBay
20 x 1.35 Schwalbe Kojak on eBay

Carl.
I like how the side wall on the Vee Rubber Baldy is similar to the WCC rear tire. Not sure how I would like the tread pattern though.

(Google images)
baldy.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

I think I like the completely slick Kojak, but I'm not feeling the checker side walls so much. Still plenty of time to decide.
s-l1600.jpg

Hey! 21+ yrs clean & sober... :crazy:
I do like the checkered sides on the Kojak, might actually help carry the muscle bike theme...

Carl.

sent from a crowded phonebooth...
No harm meant Carl. And hey, we can still be 'high' on bikes....and guitars...and hotrods....:cool:

Been doing more Maxwell Smart spy research (Google) and have discovered that the SmartBikes were made by a Norwegian bike company called Døden Bak Styret or 'DBS'. The company also made muscle bikes back in the 70's and used them as inspiration for the 'retro design' of this Norwegian city bike.

Here's a couple of their offerings back in the day:
The Tomahawk:
image413.jpg

The Apache sykkel:
dbs-apache-sykkel-6264-tennfjord-tunteigen-47-8852219.jpg

I think the Apache provided the inspiration for the Smart bike.
blaasykkel390.jpg

Been doing more Maxwell Smart spy research (Google) and have discovered that the SmartBikes were made by a Norwegian bike company called Døden Bak Styret or 'DBS'. The company also made muscle bikes back in the 70's and used them as inspiration for the 'retro design' of this Norwegian city bike.

The Tomahawk:
image413.jpg

The Apache sykkel:

blaasykkel390.jpg
Good info! It sure looks like they had some muscle inspiration when they designed it!

Luke.

The Tomahawk:
image413.jpg

The Apache sykkel:

blaasykkel390.jpg
Skol Norske!

It's a rider. I bolted up some parts that I had on hand and took it for a test spin. No pedal scraping problems to report!

It's harder to wheelie than I had hoped for.:(
View attachment 33769
Maybe if you used a 10 pound barbell weight as a big sissy bar mounted reflector???
That'd be ridiculous

Wheelies?
3 speeds have such an easy 1st gear. It's hard to keep the front wheel down on ALiEN FiRE but my seat is a bit farther back, even though I'll bet my front end was heavier.

Carl.

Maybe if you used a 10 pound barbell weight as a big sissy bar mounted reflector???
That'd be ridiculous
Better yet, how about a wheelie bar with the barbell weight as a wheel?:21:
Has a nice stance. Should be a good rider. Paint scheme?
What? That is the paint scheme. Do you not like it?:emo:
It looks cool! Pull the bars back to achieve "wheelie mode". That's a long wheelbase tho.
They pulled back by themselves on the first attempt!:bigsmile:
Wheelies?
3 speeds have such an easy 1st gear. It's hard to keep the front wheel down on ALiEN FiRE but my seat is a bit farther back, even though I'll bet my front end was heavier.

Carl.
I thought that the chainring that's on it would be like being in granny gear, but it's not. Having a 3 speed (or 5) would be cool, but unless I can find an internal geared hub with a coaster brake and provisions for 48 spokes, I'm probably sticking with a single speed.:)

Latest posts

Back