(MBBO#05 Class 2) ★★★ ¡ʇdᴉɹɔs ǝɥʇ dᴉlℲ ★★★ (SOLD to finance exciting new venture!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok, here is my build thread!
I know the start time is not for another 13 hours, so I have nothing to show, but I'm starting the thread anyway!

Following up from Pedro last year will be a challenge, so I decided to go in a different direction and build something completely different, something I have not built before, hence the "Flip the script!" name...
No car tires this year either! :eek:

Resurrecting a few ideas I had a few years back but never used too, so it should be an interesting build!
I will get some parts photos as the start time gets closer.

Luke.

¡ʇdᴉɹɔs ǝɥʇ dᴉlℲ ? CôÔL !! can't wait to see what you have in mind this time! :39::thumbsup:

Ok, here is my build thread!
I know the start time is not for another 13 hours, so I have nothing to show, but I'm starting the thread anyway!

Following up from Pedro last year will be a challenge, so I decided to go in a different direction and build something completely different, something I have not built before, hence the "¡ʇdᴉɹɔs ǝɥʇ dᴉlℲ" name...
No car tires this year either! :eek:

Resurrecting a few ideas I had a few years back but never used too, so it should be an interesting build!
I will get some parts photos as the start time gets closer.

Luke.
Haha no car tire?[emoji57]

It wil be difficult to build a cooler bike than Pedro but I'm pretty sure you can! I always like your builds and your thread!

[emoji1] Good luck!

Frank

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-S7710 met Tapatalk

¡ʇdᴉɹɔs ǝɥʇ dᴉlℲ ? CôÔL !! can't wait to see what you have in mind this time! :39::thumbsup:
:thumbsup: All will be revealed! (slowly...) :bandit:
Haha no car tire?[emoji57]

It wil be difficult to build a cooler bike than Pedro but I'm pretty sure you can! I always like your builds and your thread!

[emoji1] Good luck!

Frank
Thanks Frankie!
Tuning in. Pedro is a tough act to follow. Please let us know if custom wheels will be made???
Maybe? :nerd:

Luke.

8eee3d7ed0d120404a990fb2fbaf1f68.jpg

You shall not use stock wheels!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-S7710 met Tapatalk

8eee3d7ed0d120404a990fb2fbaf1f68.jpg

You shall not use stock wheels!
:cool2:. Using , truck tires ? :grin:
Ah, ha @KJV has me mostly figured out!

29089897350_6299b7a266_z.jpg

No car tires, but there will be Motorcycle tires on custom rims just so Frankie can relax!

A build out of thin air...
Magical.

Carl.
Here are my first parts pics:

28756098713_920c3d9341_z.jpg
29298714461_526d63f226_z.jpg

That is all for the drivetrain... :eek:

I have not planned much beyond the drivetrain because I know it will be the most complicated part of the build, once I have it built then I will just build around it!

Luke.

More drivetrain parts:

29377874205_0b52c31bd8_z.jpg

I need to fire up my mini lathe to modify some stuff as my first step, so my next post should have some actual progress!

Luke.

Don't forget the toe clips.

furyus

alright...now your talkin'
:happy:

View attachment 32950
:21:
Don't forget the toe clips.

furyus
Not sure what you mean there?
Looking good :)
Thanks Kel!

Cut up a hub today to get the threaded area, they have an inside diameter of 29mm, perfect to go together with those other bits like this:

28776562314_ed214d9416_z.jpg

They will get welded on once I find some washers the right size to weld on the back.

Some who have been around a while may recognise this wheel from my lethal swing bike from MBBO#02 that tried to kill me, it is the only part left, the rest has been cut up and reused elsewhere, I didn't want the temptation to ride it to be there:

29321334541_8b05acd99c_z.jpg

FILE0290shrink.jpg

Cut the spokes and hub out of it and also welded up two other rim short sides into another 16x4.5 rim, so now I have two matching rims:

28776557924_6d8cf7e570_z.jpg

That was it for the day, spent quite a bit of time working on my little Datsun before I started on the bike, plus welding, grinding and sanding those rims is tiring work! :whew:

Luke.

I have to say, my new work bench with the wind blocking walls and the trailer all sorted makes work so much quicker and nicer! It was well worth the time and effort to set that up over the last couple of months!

workbench8.jpg

Finished off the fire pit too, which was very welcome today, it is only the second day of spring here, and still quite cool!

Workbenchfire.jpg

Luke.

Latest posts

Back