YF / NTS Rider

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

metalchewy

For the love of the Ride 🚲 🔥
Pro Member
Reaction score
I have had this picture in my mind of a double-bar twin cruiser that I've wanted to build for awhile. I pictured it to be stretched out a bit with some wide rugged meaty tires on it. Shiny in places, not-so-much in others.

Initial on paper like this:
IMG_20190501_173145.jpg
IMG_20190501_173051.jpg

To start. I have only assembled a small amount of raw materials.
IMG_20190501_172219.jpg

A cut to length head tube, a fork steer tube and an 100mm BB Tube. I also picked up these wheels a couple months ago from the Austin Bike Project.

Lots of 'open space' there to be creative with on your build! :grin:

I'm not a gambler, but I'll bet you come up with something cool!
RaT oN~!

Lots of 'open space' there to be creative with on your build! :grin:

I'm not a gambler, but I'll bet you come up with something cool!
RaT oN~!

I showed the drawing to a friend and he pointed to the area under the seat and asked, nothing here?? I said, probably. ;-).

HoweverH Between the doubles, I might see lights and other fun stuff..

(RaT oN) 3 + MC = :113:
hehehe.

When bending I told my friend it is sometimes as easy to bend two or three as one, he offered to help fund the frames, so I had made the decision to bend at least two. The third I have a different design in my mind, looking at 5'tall tall version of the frame, instead of three. Not for this round.

Building a new frame Jig is next. I have a pretty straight eye, but even a degree or five off on a couple of the welds and you have a bike that feels funny to ride. I am sure a jig will get used many times.

My friend left an old cherry picker at the house. I told him years ago that I was going to cut it up to build something if it was here for too long. The ram is long gone, plus I have a better quality one in the garage. When I told him my plans for a jig a couple days ago, he said go for it. He may want to use the jig in the fall.

More on the jig coming soon.

hehehe.

When bending I told my friend it is sometimes as easy to bend two or three as one, he offered to help fund the frames, so I had made the decision to bend at least two. The third I have a different design in my mind, looking at 5'tall tall version of the frame, instead of three. Not for this round.

Building a new frame Jig is next. I have a pretty straight eye, but even a degree or five off on a couple of the welds and you have a bike that feels funny to ride. I am sure a jig will get used many times.

My friend left an old cherry picker at the house. I told him years ago that I was going to cut it up to build something if it was here for too long. The ram is long gone, plus I have a better quality one in the garage. When I told him my plans for a jig a couple days ago, he said go for it. He may want to use the jig in the fall.

More on the jig coming soon.
There is a good Jig being built by a guy on YouTube, he is making it from plywood, but there are still some cool design ideas in there. Search up Pithy Bikes if you like, the video you want is the overview one...

There is a good Jig being built by a guy on YouTube, he is making it from plywood, but there are still some cool design ideas in there. Search up Pithy Bikes if you like, the video you want is the overview one...

I love his stuff. Can't even count how many hours I have lost to his videos

.... Search up Pithy Bikes if you like, the video you want is the overview one...

Thanks Luke, that helped as I was planning out the cuts.

More cutting yet todo soon a bit of welding to stick it all together square.
IMG_20190511_154604.jpg

Was also looking at the boom, perhaps as a super heavy duty bending jig...
IMG_20190511_154527.jpg

Latest posts

Back