YARD ART in their natural state

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CCR

Mouth-Breather
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
i drive around alot for work, heres a couple "Yard Art" :roll: bikes Ive seen today. I see a bunch usually but just decided to start taking pics when i see em. Ill try to post some more as I continue to drive/spot/photo them.

J C Higgins girls 3speed

100_5353.jpg

100_5354.jpg

Sears Spaceliner - cool tires too but dry-rotted

100_5355.jpg

100_5361.jpg

Those are cool bikes.Around here everyone with a yard art bike has a ten speed and they paint the whole thing with house paint(tires,seat,chain).
If I put one of those bikes in my yard they'd be ganked in to seconds.

yeah i passed takin pics on a few, and the "paint it all" technique is quite popluar here too. just figured id photo the ones with Rat Rod potential :mrgreen:

I'd be knockin' on their doors! "Heyyyy, wanna sell that rusty ol' bike? I could give ya an even rustier, artier, yardier bike!" :lol: ~Adam

This is a great thread. I pass by several "yard art" bikes that I'm gonna have to start taking pictures of. Here are a couple art bikes that I already had on the camera.

I left a note on the door of this house asking if they'd consider selling this old JC Higgins. Never got a call.
ega2zhtt.jpg

This Roadmaster Skyrider is hanging in the local Cracker Barrel restaurant.
lnxgb5k0.jpg

There is a old bicycle in every cracker rest. all over the country. from old pre war bikes to stingrays. Tony

Oh yeah, don't get me started on Cracker Barrel! :lol: Since we moved 340 miles, from eastern Va., to western NC, we have visited most of the CB's between here and there! Coolest bikes I've seen were a Monark Super Deluxe, and a Schwinn B6. Lamest was a 70's beige Murray Western Flyer... ~Adam

found a few today

spooted in front a consignment store - not for sale
unknown girls bike with old style dropouts, peaked fenders with curved braces

100_5542.jpg

100_5545.jpg

spotted in front of a craft store - not for sale
unknown girls bike with 3 speed, rear rack, truss rods, front lamp and its had a generic kickstand welded on, rear fender stand clip

100_5546.jpg

100_5548.jpg

100_5550-1.jpg

spotted in a front yard
(coolest one today too :mrgreen: ) girls sears flightliner w/rider

100_5570.jpg

100_5571.jpg

spotted in a front yard
unsure ?rollfast/hawthorne/columbia maybe?

100_5594.jpg

Hello Maniac, Its about time I see your name on this site, your on all the others. LOL Welcome old friend.
Rick

Rick,
Thanks. I thought there might be hope for this Bike Maniac and his addition. But in the end I signed up for yet another forum. :) Some nights I am quite busy with all the correspondence from different site. By then I just recall all the great friends I have made over the years in this hobby.

Hope you had a great Halloween.

FBM - Better late to the party than never showing up?

One day, I happened to notice an unusual old boy's prewar ballooner in the yard of a house I go by quite often. It just appeared there, overnight. I stopped in one day and asked if he'd liked to sell it. He said no, and I asked if maybe he'd like to hear an offer. He wouldn't let me offer, and it sits next to his tree day after day. :( I didn't get a chance to look at the badge, but I think it was rather rare. I haven't seen another one quite like it. It was missing the rear wheel and the tank, and I think that was all.

Latest posts

Back