X

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't wait to see those on.

Lookin Sweet!

Everything is coming together nicely! The bars fit the look for sure. Love those big tires....

Looking good, I had a heck of a time getting my rack to align with my frame. Watching this one for sure!

Mine will definitely need some coaxing to fit right. If you have any tips, I'd like to hear them.

Mine will definitely need some coaxing to fit right. If you have any tips, I'd like to hear them.

Hey Pick and TVC,
When the racks are used with fenders in the stock set up, the deck fastens to the top of rear fender.(1 hole in tray right?)
There is also a curly bent bracket that fits across inside the rear of the fender and bolts horizontally through the rack downtubes and original reflector tabs.(the 2 holes in tubes ?)
Those would be the 3 missing stabalizing & alignment points without fender and reflector.
As you appear to be going fenderless I'd suggest some cross bracing along the rails to lessen the shimmies.
I'm 'kind of playing' with one of those racks mysef on a 'potential build' now as well, but haven't gotten to the point to find the cure for my case yet.
I have no doubt that you'll find some creative rat engineering solutions.*apu
I'm just quietly watching from the sidelines, but dig the direction your build is heading.*apu (as per usual):thumbsup:

Looks good man, I've always liked the x53's
Kenny

Thanks guys!

late for dinner: I would like to run at least a rear fender. We will see, I know it will be a major challenge due to clearance problems & the style of the x=53 fenders which I don't have.

WHOA!!!!!! :eek:
That looks wicked!!!

Latest posts

Back