X-114 HEAVY SERVICE MOTOBIKE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: X-114 HEAVY SERVICE MOTOBIKE 97.114 PERCENT DONE

ALMOST DONE!

IMG_2110.jpg

IMG_2108.jpg

IMG_2107.jpg

waiting on a delta tail light and still have to do a few stickers for it but atleast i can ride it

this bike turned out to be longer than any other bike so i had to modify the rack on my truck so it could fit
IMG_2111.jpg

Wow, that's awesome! :D We need better pics! :mrgreen:

Great Job Axe!!

Beautiful! Love the stencils and the kick-butt fender braces! If you offered 'em, I'd buy a set of braces from you! The 3spd ND hub is sexy-as heck!

Gorgeous bike Axsepul!

those braces are kind of tricky to make. it all depends on the type of fender and bicycle and the wheel position. in my case the bottom rear brace had to be redone again because i did the mock up with a smaller chainring and a normal 9 tooth rear cog. when i decided to use the triplspeed plus i got the big chainring that i was going to use the wheel ended up being a few clicks back. there for the brace didnt work and to be redone.

here's a phone picture for now. i'm taking it to a bike show tomorrow and should get better pictures if i dont forget the camera!

IMG00555-20120127-1816.jpg

Had time to work on rear wheel set up. Drop stand had the ears and was not working for me. There was to many things installed on the axle with the ears, braces plus the rack. Was not leaving a lot of room for the nuts. Removed the drop stand ears and installed it on the holes on the frame. I also had to cut a piece of the rack leg so it wouldn't get on the way of the drop stand when in the down position.
Before

IMG_2110.jpg

After
IMG00563-20120130-1654.jpg

made these brass id plates. i'll probably end up using one. don't worry, i will not drill the frame. i'm thinking of a fake rivet with double sided tape to the chain stays. i think i made the right choice with the font but what you think?

snyderplate.jpg

this thing turn out real nice another one to the stable.... and that "PITORO BIKE" i think i would of been standing next it all day long.... te guillaste con esta pai !!!! :mrgreen: also the cog on the back is that one of those skip tooth cogs from ebay? i see its on a multi speed hub?

jaysmo said:
this thing turn out real nice another one to the stable.... and that "PITORO BIKE" i think i would of been standing next it all day long.... te guillaste con esta pai !!!! :mrgreen: also the cog on the back is that one of those skip tooth cogs from ebay? i see its on a multi speed hub?

you can see how it works here
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16405&hilit=+new+departure+triplspeed

i used the same kit that was on my build off bike minus shell. i got a chrome shell for this build
you can see that here
viewtopic.php?f=55&t=39908&hilit=+new+departure+triplspeed&start=60

ahh.. i se you converted a hub to been multi speed.. nice i printed this stuff
Thanks

i found some plastic tabs on my tool box (i never throw anything away!)
IMG00567-20120202-1654.jpg

gave the plate a little curve to contour to the frame
IMG00570-20120202-1713.jpg

i figured that i was not going to get the flushed look with double sided tape so i used epoxy
IMG00572-20120202-1716.jpg

here it is on the bike
IMG00573-20120202-1723.jpg

Thanks to all for the good comments and to those that just come by to take a look. I think its awesome that this build have over 3100+ views so far and it makes me a better creator!

Still waiting on that rear light but that's not stopping me to take it out on sunday for a nice ride!

Latest posts

Back