WWII Jeep tribute/Ratty bike.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Any ideas on what kind of a build could look evil or all terrain in memory of the WWII jeep? I bought a pair of new production tail/turn lights as on the old jeeps and one will go on my 76 GL1000. One will be available for the bike of my choice. I think a beat up looking fat tire bike with 20 or 40MM ammo cans for Panniers. Almost all can be Olive Drab and rust. That's the way I want to make my GL 1000. Be Well, SS.

Sounds like you've got your plan all worked out. I would add some kind of WW2 lettering, like the stensiling for unit ownership they used to do. This is a 42 Hawthorne I tried to make look WW2. Probably less black and more green would have helped it.
52459_a4e7bf4be05ddaaf7bdd99554abb2f06 (1).jpg

As long as we're spitballin', perhaps craft a flat, angular front fender and a rear tray that simulates the Jeep's shallow cargo bed. Easier done on a frame with straight downtube, I think. (The Evans fender sorta looks like this already.) Along with the period markings, ammo boxes, and jerry can; don't overlook the ever-present shovel. Finally, a set of OD pie pans to conceal the spokes.

Toylander-MB43-Willys-Army-Jeep-00-1087x725.jpg

I like that white stencil. It looks WW II military in style. Be Well. And Rusty Sprockets I like your handle. Elsewhere I am Rustyzipper. SS.

Last edited:
I got the tail lights in the mail yesterday. I'm going to have to replace the bulbs with LED bulbs. I'm pretty sure I have seen them at the auto parts. Anyone know what number the replacement bulbs are? The turn and brake bulb looks like an 1157NA because it is clear. I don't know what the single element bulb is? Will go check to see about a replacement. The cat's face light came from Classic Bikes in GB. An old motorcycle parts place, they showed this light and I had to have it. It has the same 1157 looking bulb. Double element and offset locking nipples With two hot contacts on the back. I'll bike down to the autoparts store in a minute. Does the frame carry the ground on most of these vehicles? So I may have to attach a ground to the frame. Be Well, SS.

Last edited:
This thread reminds me of the Humvee rat rod build I saw online.

Latest posts

Back