Worlds Slowest Indian briggs powered

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha not quite as much HP as Cobras but im hopin its enough to scare me. I had to update my motor after being inspired by all the bigger motors being used on here. Unfortunately by using this motor it means that im probably not going to be able to ride it much, if at all, besides if i took it to a car show or such. But i have other bikes for regular use and this would be cool even if it mostly just sat in my garage.

Unfortunately ill have to save for the CVT and as im doing multiple builds at once, it could be a little while. So ill have to get the CVT before i make real progress

Where are you from to know about Holden V8's? I thought you were from somewhere in Europe

yep..
I'm portuguese, but since I love hotrods, engines, old cars and stuff I had to know about the Holdens from Australia. I also surf, and my favourite australian surfer is Matt Hoy. There is a film in wich he shows up with a great Holden. Raw power!.. Super cool and a great old school surfer.
Keep it up

Thats cool. Who would have thought.

This is my 1971 Holden Torana Gtr. Its covered in dust at present as that car is 90% finished . It has sat untouched where it is for 15years now. It was a full rotisserie bare metal build. Has a ford 9inch diff, tubular control arms, fully plated, seam welded,and 2 pac painted under the car in the same color as the car. Fuel cell. 4 wheel disc brakes, 304ci v8 Holden motor. And seeing as the build is 15 years old hence the billet wheels and tweed interior.

It continues to sit there unfinished, but thats ok because Australian muscle cars have gone through a price explosion. And while i have done too many mods to claim as original, they still get good money as they are far more desirable then when i got mine.

Picture008.jpg

The holden GTR was a very small 6 cylinder (202ci) car that actually beat many of the other factory V8's at Bathurst (our biggest race for touring cars)

http://www.jagpartsonline.com/posters/a ... R%2002.jpg

My brother had a Holden Torana coupe like mine but not a GTR. He had a 400ci Chev engine with pro charger on it putting out around 1000hp. Unfortunately he only had a few runs before he rolled it around 7 times at the drags. Luckily he walked awaywith monimal injuries, considering. But the car was a total write off. About all he could save was the block. It was an extremely beautiful car but he is putting the engine in a Holden HQ though.

My daily driver is my favourite though, its a 1964 Valiant AP5 Safari wagon....

Man that's awsome.
Two incredible cars you've got there.
Here we don't have any tradition in these cars.
Regardins old cars, people tend to prefer european brands, such as the Mercedes or the Jaguars.
Although these are beautifull, they do not have the "rawness" neither the pure muscle of some 50's through 70's american cars.
I'd like to have one of those, but I'm aiming at a 50's Ford pickup truck. I will have one, someday...

I mentioned my brother had an 1971 Holden LC Torana (mine was the GTR version) with a 400 Chev with a procharger blower on it. He crashed it at the dragstrip not long after finishing it. It was meant to be featured in "Street Machine" magazine (our countrys no.1 car mag) but unfortunately it was written off before it was featured. Instead they featured it as a bad luck story.....

Picture147.jpg

Picture145.jpg

Picture146.jpg

Congratulations on your daughter Stocksucks.

I havent really done anything on this project for a while, besides maybe thinking about it a little. Ive been focusing on my Villiers build. But now i have bought a welder i should be making progress again real soon.

Im not 100% sure which direction to head. I was planning to put the Honda GX160 in this build,but because of the power potential ive reconsidered either going back to using my 3hp Briggs or 160cc Victa.

Victa 160cc

P3130112.jpg

P3130113.jpg

Im wondering if i should start a build especially for the Honda motor with better hubs, rims and brakes and spokes. I dont know what to do?????

Is this your first motor build?
If so, I say focus.
I would build this bike it with the most powerfull engine and get everything workin. There will always be problems and things to solve, so you don't want double trouble. And also, when you have it runnin you'll want more power, believe.
Rims and tires are stuff you can always get at any time and throw in on a bike.
Keep it up buddy

Ive completed one build (66cc Kroon) and on my second build (98cc Villiers Beach Cruiser).

I will come to a decision about what i will do before i start on this again, im focusing on finishing the Villiers first then i may squeeze in a build for my girlfriend..... I know what you are saying about focusing, but everyones different and i enjoy working on more then one project at a time. When i get a little frustrated or hit a brick wall i can work on something else until i fell the urge to get back into it.

Ill get there...... but as i said at the start of this thread it may not be done for a while, especially if i do use the Honda in this, ill have to save for a CVT and those things aint cheap....

I get ya.
Man I wish I had someone livin here with whom I could discuss these matters..
as to the ctv I also thought about that, but I think my villiers cannot reach the sufficient rpm to engage and still leave some extra throttle.
Talk to cobrafreak about it. He has one on the Indian replica.
Keep goin.

Latest posts

Back