Worksman - LIEUTENANT

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ichi bike said:
what about going the other direction i have a new 1and 1/8 frame that i would like to but a 1" threaded fork
is that possible

That's what we're talking about (or at least what I'm talking about). I'd imagine it would be doable, as long as you can adapt the 1" bearing cups to the 1-1/8" head tube. Pressed in spacers would make the most sense to me. Or an alternative would be to have a crown race and upper cone that fits on the 1" steer tube but works with the 1-1/8" bearings. Seems like the first option would be easier.

got it thanks a ton those will both work for me great
i have one of those 20 speccalized fat boys that im dyin to put one of those 20" SPRINGERS ON

MIGZ said:
I didn't get the chance to ride but I did get some better pics. I am really happy with how this thing turned out.

img0151ol.jpg

img0153xm.jpg

What a beauty!!
Congrats on the home page kudos!!!

I'm really happy on the home page deal. Not sure how I got on there a buddy texted me and let me know.

I had to show my wife since she is rarely impressed with my bicycle stuff.

MIGZ said:
Here we go.
Pressing in the BB adapter from American to Euro
031di.jpg

Adapter is in and so is the BB
037sl.jpg

048myn.jpg

Had to get some Shims for the head tube to actualy fit 1" head set. The Head tube is an odd size close to 1-1/8.
045mm.jpg

Pressing the Shim in
050ut.jpg

Pressing in the headset
052tba.jpg

Cutting the steer tube and setting the star nut
053tvy.jpg

054xrm.jpg

I started doing stuff an forgot to get more pics here she is. Still need to do more.
059gr.jpg

Few questions

Where did you get that clamp?
How about some links the cranks?
What brand of cranks?
What type of headset?

Nicely done

MIGZ said:
axsepul said:
MIGZ said:
Here we go.

Few questions

Where did you get that clamp? Which clamp?
How about some links the cranks? Cranks were Electra cranks, I bought them a couple of year ago when they actually sold parts.
What brand of cranks? Electra
What type of headset? Origin 8 sealed below are link to what I used.

Nicely done

http://www.amazon.com/Origin8-Pro-Threa ... =8-3-spell
http://www.amazon.com/Wheels-Manufactur ... 160&sr=8-1

Clamp or tool you used to install the BB bearings

Latest posts

Back